Let's see all the 1911's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dan Wesson Vigil

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpeg
    IMG_0601.jpeg
    1.8 MB

mtngunr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daily driver since getting it 8-10yrs ago, I've owned quite a few in 50yrs of buying and would have been quite happy had this one been around the other 40...

it is bone stock past a short trigger, late issue Vietnam era fibre grips and "GI" mags, a very to-spec gun of utter reliability using OEM supplier Checkmate GI-contour mags of perfect controlled round feed with hardball....

where I have failed miserably in every mag dump attempt to induce a jam no matter clean/dirty/orientation/loosest possible hold without shooting self, just never even the slightest hesitation in all this time and all the determined
tries of at least twice every year and each time me now nearly disappointed to have to say the gun won, again...

with to-spec clearances, no match gun but easily holds all shots in 6" at 50yds with ball (Winchester white box), the attached target two magazines at 25yds prior to final zero (target was actually clocked right, so it was close to the hold at 6)....it just works...and works...and works.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom