Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your upper, although similar, isn't the same as mine. The barrel, rail, and mount (5/8 vs 1/2 threds) are all different. It's an issue with the mk18 setup and AAC cans and mounts. I have three options, use the blackout or brakeout with the wrench flats, add a spacer for the brake, or switch to a 10.5" barrel. I'm not switching barrels and I really want to use the brake for the extra blast baffles so I guess Dustin is building a spacer! Hooray! I'm 2.5 months in on my SDN-6 from Dustin, might as well get started in the M4-2k so I can have the complete set.

Yeah I was just trying to let you know that some AAC brakes, new or old I am not sure which, do indeed have the flats on the end. Your rail measures about 9.5" if I remember correctly. Mine is an even 9", so I should not need the extra space.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No AAC 51t muzzle brake for 762 or 556 I've seen has flats on the back. I've seen a lot.

762 threads are the same length as 556.

Are you specifically talking about the brake only attachments, or the brakeouts too? My brakeout has flats behind the 51 teeth, but their website doesn't show the same one I have.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1171.photobucket.com_albums_r554_drewjordan_AACMuzzleBrake.jpg

Here it is. 5/28x24 7.62 51T Blackout Muzzle Brake with wrench flats on the tail.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I wish I knew if the 5.56 1/2x28 versions were like that!

Are the threads recessed or do they start where the flats start? If they're recessed then they don't really move the mount any further out so it doesn't help. I've seen both versions of that too.:smash:

Latest posts

Top Bottom