Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are a couple I built over the last few weeks. I have another sitting in my new Bulldog case but I haven't gotten any pics of it yet.

Not being a jerk, just asking, what is the purpose of having two so similarly setup guns?

I will have two similarly setup guns but one is my wife's/sons/loaner.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I wish I knew if the 5.56 1/2x28 versions were like that!

Are the threads recessed or do they start where the flats start? If they're recessed then they don't really move the mount any further out so it doesn't help. I've seen both versions of that too.:smash:

The threads are recessed about 0.110", but it will torque against the barrel / timing shims so you should gain quite a bit of space. A real quick measurement shows the flat to be approximately 0.230" in length.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not being a jerk, just asking, what is the purpose of having two so similarly setup guns?

I will have two similarly setup guns but one is my wife's/sons/loaner.

Because I already have other setups sitting in the safe I and sometimes I like the FDE and sometimes I don't. Both have different optics. One has a Vortex Strikefire and the other has a Leupold. Besides, I need to be able to arm my family and my neighbors. :wink2:

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the pics of my upper, still waiting on my 2 Vets Arms Spartan lowers.

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_20121206_151313.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_20121206_151322.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_20121206_151329.jpg

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have the brakeout not the brake?

Geebus this whole dilema is a cluster.

I have both, the brake just has the flats on the brake end, the brakeout has the flats behind the teeth. The pics on the AAC website don't show it that way though. I got it used so I'm not sure if it's an older design.
This is what mine look like:
Flats.jpg

And this is what the AAC site shows:
brakeout-main.jpg

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forget it. I guess no matter how many ways I explain it it still won't make sense to some. The guys over on Arfcom are telling me it works fine with their 12.5" barrels, ya no ****.

Here is something I posted on Sniper's Hide when someone was asking about mounting a 7.62SD suppressor on an MK18 upper.

For my SBR uppers, I had the barrels cut down so that the barrel was just long enough to allow for the suppressor to be attached and have minimal distance to the start of the rail. Both barrels were cut down to 13.375" long. You can see the results here. So doing the math based on rail lengths and barrel lengths, you would need a barrel roughly 10.675" long to have the same amount of gap between the back of the brake and the start of the rail. You could try to reduce the gap but I don't think you will get near the 10.3" barrel on the DD MK18 rifle.

Here is a picture of what both of my upper with the M4 RISII rails and 13.375" barrels that were cut down by Dustin. I do not have any pictures with my 7.62SDN-6 suppressor mounted but I can get one tonight if you are interested.
i283.photobucket.com_albums_kk289_20aegti_Guns_IMG_3513.jpg