Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of piston conversions...anyone have any experience with Bushy/Adams etc???

The Bushy is the same as the Ares Defense. The Adams is a far better built kit from what I've read/seen, but you'll pay for it as well ($499, not installed).

I went with the PWS kit which runs $399 installed and looks to be equal to the Adams kit in terms of quality and materials. The Ares/Bushy kits just don't look very hearty to me and I'm not a fan of the spring being part of the kit. Seems like it would be a lot more likely to fail than the PWS.

PWS had the lowest # of moving parts and lacked any really, really small fragile looking parts.

Do a search on carrier tilt (on ar15.com) and you'll also see that the PWS design minimizes the likelihood of it occurring because of its design. Is carrier tilt a major issue? Only time will tell. I'm not terribly worried about it with new lowers only running $110 or less, but if they become hard to get, or if I owned a registered M16 lower, I'd become very concerned with it.

MAS GunWorks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What round is that? I've never seen anything like that.

40 xtreme.

Not very many people have.

Custom barrel, dies and brass. It is basically a necked down 50ae round. It uses 40 caliber bullets. I am in the process of having some 300 grain bullets made for sub sonic rounds. Just have to find a suppressor that will handle it.

gnnrsm8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hi ya'll!!! i'm new to the board just saying hi1
DSC00571 - Copy.JPG

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Here she is...finally. Not bad for a $700 rifle...

Thanks to Scott_In_OKC for the lower and recommending M1S. Very happy with their product. Who knew assembling an AR-15 lower was so easy?