Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAJ MALFUNCTION

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How dare we let this thread fall to page 2!!!

ai38.photobucket.com_albums_e124_aotactical_Bolt_20Gun_20Stuff_TanHS700a.jpg

ai38.photobucket.com_albums_e124_aotactical_Bolt_20Gun_20Stuff_TanHS700b.jpg

Dude!

Seriously nice!!!

:clap3:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an update of mine. Made it out to the range to put 12 rounds through the new stock at 230yds and man - my 230yd target is starting to look like my 100yd one used to - I can't believe how much my factory stock was affecting the accuracy. couple of 1/4 MOA clicks on the adjustment knobs actually translates to a couple of 1/4 MOA on the target now :thumb: Pre-load the bipod, or don't, its all the same with that stock.

Hey Josh - I'm trying to stay on a strict budget on this one, and it occurred to me that since Steve cut off the chamber of that Shillen barrel and re-did it, couldn't he do that to my factory barrel and cut it down (mine has the Remington Varmint tapered barrel)?

Would it be worth the extra $350 to upgrade the barrel, or would my shakey-handed shooting know the difference after Steve trued the action and re-cut the chamber in my factory barrel? How many rounds through my factory barrel before I have to upgrade anyway?

I'm looking at getting a can and on my current budget, the can and the barrel aren't going to happen right now so one's got to wait until later (and I'd like to at least get my NFA paperwork going before the election).

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_IMG_5761.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_IMG_5758.jpg

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say go ahead and save a little more and upgrade the barrel at the same time. If not you will pay twice for the work so why not do it all at once.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's an update of mine. Made it out to the range to put 12 rounds through the new stock at 230yds and man - my 230yd target is starting to look like my 100yd one used to - I can't believe how much my factory stock was affecting the accuracy. couple of 1/4 MOA clicks on the adjustment knobs actually translates to a couple of 1/4 MOA on the target now :thumb: Pre-load the bipod, or don't, its all the same with that stock.

Hey Josh - I'm trying to stay on a strict budget on this one, and it occurred to me that since Steve cut off the chamber of that Shillen barrel and re-did it, couldn't he do that to my factory barrel and cut it down (mine has the Remington Varmint tapered barrel)?

Would it be worth the extra $350 to upgrade the barrel, or would my shakey-handed shooting know the difference after Steve trued the action and re-cut the chamber in my factory barrel? How many rounds through my factory barrel before I have to upgrade anyway?

I'm looking at getting a can and on my current budget, the can and the barrel aren't going to happen right now so one's got to wait until later (and I'd like to at least get my NFA paperwork going before the election).

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_IMG_5761.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_IMG_5758.jpg

Nice gun, what i want to do when i get mine

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
C'mon guys why am I the babysitter of this thread???

Finally got to run some rounds through the tan shorty....

[Broken External Image]

3 shot 100 yard group with my reloads. Rem brass, CCI BR2 primer, SMK 175's with 43 grains of IMR 4064 with an OAL of 2.805.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:drunk:
C'mon guys why am I the babysitter of this thread???

Finally got to run some rounds through the tan shorty....

[Broken External Image]

3 shot 100 yard group with my reloads. Rem brass, CCI BR2 primer, SMK 175's with 43 grains of IMR 4064 with an OAL of 2.805.

Where's the other two shots?! :drunk:

That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom