Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Rock Mount on my 10/22 - nothing wrong with it from a bench-rest.

They make a swivel unit too - its heavy though. I've got a cheaper Caldwell swivel/cant model on my Remington 700 right now (and waiting to meet up with someone for a trade to get into a lightweight swivel Harris), but the Caldwell is lighter than the Harris and I'm not sure I'm going to be impressed with the difference.

Nothing wrong with trying out different brands - I personally think the Harris is over-priced. I'd like to get the Caldwell titanium swivel/cant model, but its for damn sure overpriced.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's mine - still in progress (and its looking like it might take a slightly different direction with all of the super-nice rifles I'm seeing on here):

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_IMG_5060.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_IMG_5058.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_IMG_5057.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Remington_20700_IMG_5056.jpg

Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308
El Cheapo knock-off scope
Caldwell Swivel/Cant Bi-Pod
Galadi Stock-pack & Shooter's Mat
Home-made Bean-bag (I swear its the perfect size for that bi-pod though)

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That bean bag is HUGE! How the heck do you shoot with that???

Rifle is looking good. Just need to chop that barrel down about a foot!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That bean bag is HUGE! How the heck do you shoot with that???

Rifle is looking good. Just need to chop that barrel down about a foot!

I swear its more comfortable than the smaller setup with my shorty Rock-Mount bipod and smaller sand-bags when laying in the prone and at a bench-rest (though that may just be with the bench-tops at Okmulgee WMA).

Yeah - I need a barrel, but I need to get a scope and stock first.

The one thing I want to get done to my barrel is to have a shorter heavy barrel, but instead of getting it fluted, I want it milled with a circle-bit in a sort of barrel-shroud pattern (kind of like the Knights Armament barrel below, but not so cheesy-looking with the rounded bottom of the milling pits):

awww.defensereview.com_stories_ndia_Arms_20at_20NDIA_20Small_20Arms_20Symposium_Barrel_20Dimples.jpg

I just think that looks so much cooler than standard fluting and should do away with almost as much weight without compromising structure - but now I gotta find a machinist that can and is willing to do that.

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one thing I want to get done to my barrel is to have a shorter heavy barrel, but instead of getting it fluted, I want it milled with a circle-bit in a sort of barrel-shroud pattern (kind of like the Knights Armament barrel below, but not so cheesy-looking with the rounded bottom of the milling pits):

Heresy!!!

Nothing that Knight's does, has done, or will ever do, is 'cheesy'!! :smack:

And I will obtain, through any means necessary, one of those super-badass and cool PDW muzzle breaks for my incoming NT4.

:D

Rob

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heresy!!!

Nothing that Knight's does, has done, or will ever do, is 'cheesy'!! :smack:

And I will obtain, through any means necessary, one of those super-badass and cool PDW muzzle breaks for my incoming NT4.

:D

Rob

haha - no disrespect to the KAC man - I just with the dimples were more refined looking (that looks like a drill bit was used) - still, I love that look over fluting and I would never sell a Knights Arm. weapon if I owned one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom