Lexington gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems the north range is closed maybe for updating????..they had it roped off this morning.
It was cold there at 8:40am, frost on the tables and I was the only one there shooting.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have a new gun and needed to test some loads. Banner is really close to me but opens too late.
Have other things to do during the day.
And i needed to check the loads at cold temps and then again at higher temps to see if the load remains stable.

Still young enough the cold don't cut through me really bad.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago they had soil samplers out there. EPA i think. Had the range closed and were "harvesting" the berm and processing it through this huge machine. maybe its still closed due to that (if they wanted to come back for resampling they wouldn't want people shooting into the berm and changing it from what it was when they took their initial sample.

wouldn't it be sweet if they "updated"
I wish for a 200 or 300m lane.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago they had soil samplers out there. EPA i think. Had the range closed and were "harvesting" the berm and processing it through this huge machine. maybe its still closed due to that (if they wanted to come back for resampling they wouldn't want people shooting into the berm and changing it from what it was when they took their initial sample.

wouldn't it be sweet if they "updated"
I wish for a 200 or 300m lane.

I'm betting it was somebody that contracted to recover/recycle the lead left in the berm. There are several companies around Oklahoma that do that service.

Friend mines and recycles bird shot from trap and skeet ranges. He then processes it, and resells it as reclaimed shot. I use it for reloading.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have a new gun and needed to test some loads. Banner is really close to me but opens too late.
Have other things to do during the day.
And i needed to check the loads at cold temps and then again at higher temps to see if the load remains stable.

Still young enough the cold don't cut through me really bad.

Wait a few years my friend, it will as you get older, I promise!

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was still closed on New Years Day. Had to wait about 30min to get a table on the other side. It was chilly, but we had fun, haven't been out there in a year or so. I need to find a private range or go to the hunting lease next time. I don't think my Dad is found of shooting around people he doesn't know/trust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom