Lexington WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been planning on dove hunting this year. Is this place any good for dove or is it a bad spot? Never even been there so not real familiar with the area. Any suggestions?

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Typically a fair number of dove the first day or so but it's highly pressured and you'll want to wear eye protection. It's the closest public land to the city that allows dove hunting and it shows. I've seen people from Guthrie, Paul's valley, chickasha, etc there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check into the private lands program the ODW is sponsoring now with landowners called OLAP.
Some of the spots in my area that are open for hunting look really promising for dove.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly though, th OLAP lands I've visited have been pretty good for dove. Not for much else, however.
On Lexington WMA, the food plots off the main road will be be full of guys on opening day. During dryer years, hunting the ponds with low water and an exposed muddy bank were good. It's been pretty wet this year though, not sure.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly though, th OLAP lands I've visited have been pretty good for dove. Not for much else, however.
On Lexington WMA, the food plots off the main road will be be full of guys on opening day. During dryer years, hunting the ponds with low water and an exposed muddy bank were good. It's been pretty wet this year though, not sure.
I am around 1 OLAP property 5 to 6 times a month. Last year, I saw a hunter there once. It was a man and a young boy that set up to dove hunt. Sadly I never saw many dove around it, but the deer trails coming out of the native grass pasture to the neighboring wheat field looked tempting. The only decent cover would be one of the piles of cedar that have pushed out or sawed off. The fence line had some oak thickets as well. By January the trails crossing the fence looked like cow paths.

Latest posts

Top Bottom