LI river report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somethings have changed due to all the water flow. I was there on friday and saturday fishing. Water is dirty with the visibility being maybe a foot. Fishing was good for me both days and it looked like it was good for everyone on saturday. Some spots held more fish than others and if you got one of those you caught fish. I was happy to see the flow was a foot higher on saturday than friday being there is no scheduled release for the weekend. Water temps hit a high of 71 according to the stream gauge yesterday and was 62 and 65 at two places I checked around 11am. Hopefully when there is no generation the flow will be up and there will be no fish kill.

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0460_0001.jpg

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went yesterday evening below the damn and the water was way low. There was a few people fishing right below the damn that caught some trout.
Did you fish a Watts?

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been to watts yet, only up river so far. I'll eventually check it out. When you say below the dam are you right there at the dam or the other parking lot thats about 1/2 mile below the dam?

bobed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went over the 4th of july weekend and couldn't seem to catch anything on a fly rod. Do you mind telling me what you where using in the muddy water?

Latest posts

Top Bottom