Liberal Journalist'sView on CCW Changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I understand the second article correctly, there are 28,121 valid CCW permits in the entire state of California? That means with a population of 36,756,666 people (July 2008 census), less than one tenth of one percent of the population can legally carry :saywhat:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many licenses to carry in this state? What is the population of Oklahoma?

With a quick scan of online data, I came across a blurb in the Tulsa World, dated July 2007, indicating there were more than 54,000 CCW license holders in Oklahoma. With a July 2008 population of 3,642,361 people in the state, that's approximately 1.5 percent of the population, more than 15 times the rate in California. I'd say that's a conservative figure now, since the number of CCW license applications in Oklahoma shot up after the November 2008 Presidential election.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never understood why the liberal side embraced gun control in the first place. Most of the gun control measures are steeped in racism which they champion against. Most of their causes embrace allowing individuals to do as they please, except for guns.

Perhaps there's hope for them after all?

Latest posts

Top Bottom