Life Insurance and death requests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again... you don't know what you're talking about, or my family's individual situation. Even term life can be exorbitant to some people. Sometimes what you have is what you got when you were young, and aren't eligible for anything remotely affordable beyond that. I'll leave it at that, but suffice it to say you are speaking in generalities and attempting to claim it applies to "everyone". In this instance, you are dead wrong. I didn't advise anyone on anything... I said it serves a purpose, and, in fact, it does. Just because you don't see it or believe in it doesn't make it worthless. I think I'll listen to my professional and paid financial advisers rather than "some dude" on an internet forum who tells me with no credentials or backing up his claims that they are stupid.

As you said... no need to take it personal. I haven't, neither should you. But if you want to talk in generalities, expect to get called on it.
Of course I am speaking in generalities, I obviously dont know you. lol

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What if the Govt made buying life insurance universally mandatory?? Would it be called ObamaLife?

You heard it hear first. Its comming, we're all gonna die anyway, might as well Force everyone to carry a minimum of a MILLION in paid benefits. Itd cure poverty and we could all afford healthcare.....and a funeral.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course I am speaking in generalities, I obviously dont know you. lol

You can say "term life is available to everyone".

Yeah... it is, if you can afford it. Harvard is available to everyone, too. So is the Presidency, if you meet the requirements... but it's not that simple, and we all know that.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if it's coming. Who's going to make gazillions off the mandates? Where does the money go... believe it, insurance companies are going to make trillions. If not, they would have been RABIDLY fighting against it from day one and still to this day. But they aren't and they weren't. Because now they have the perfect scapegoat in the .gov... "We didn't have a choice. They made the rules, now we have to cut benefits and raise rates to meet the laws. Sorry, blame your .govment."

They're all in bed together on this, believe it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Current life insurance products are a versatile financial and health protection vehicle that can be applied in several ways that are especially important to the living. Nobody should use cash accumulation policies to gain income IMO or as an investment to gain wealth. However, they are an asset if you choose the right one, as I've seen several cashed out for 6 figures and a few above. There is no one size fits all just like with ALL insurance. Those that universally recommend any particular platform such as term aren't usually fully aware of the options and are typically just regurgitating what a lot of investment talking heads will parrot.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can say "term life is available to everyone".

Yeah... it is, if you can afford it. Harvard is available to everyone, too. So is the Presidency, if you meet the requirements... but it's not that simple, and we all know that.
Term life isnt expensive. Its (in most cases) a lot cheaper than whole life IIRC.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Current life insurance products are a versatile financial and health protection vehicle that can be applied in several ways that are especially important to the living. Nobody should use cash accumulation policies to gain income IMO or as an investment to gain wealth. However, they are an asset if you choose the right one, as I've seen several cashed out for 6 figures and a few above. There is no one size fits all just like with ALL insurance. Those that universally recommend any particular platform such as term aren't usually fully aware of the options and are typically just regurgitating what a lot of investment talking heads will parrot.
Life insurance has one main purpose. Too replace my income if I die so my wife can continue her standard of living until the debt is paid off - or she can just pay off the debt and be done. No way do I want to be worth more dead than alive and once our house if paid for, the insurance stops or I may choose to drop it to an amount that will cover burial cost or whatever she chooses to do. With that said, I am insured for $220k and I pay $24 a month for that. It terms out once I retire in 5 years and the house will be paid off before then.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Term life isnt expensive. Its (in most cases) a lot cheaper than whole life IIRC.

It is most assuredly NOT available and affordable for everyone. I could point out dozens of scenarios where ANY form of life insurance, term or whole or whatever, is either outright denied or priced so astronomically as to be ludicrous.

Why is it so hard for you to admit?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is most assuredly NOT available and affordable for everyone. I could point out dozens of scenarios where ANY form of life insurance, term or whole or whatever, is either outright denied or priced so astronomically as to be ludicrous.

Why is it so hard for you to admit?
if you have cancer, or other disease. if your fat and smoke, yes I understand those circumstances make it a different story.
I'm not looking at the minority case with my general statement and I should have clarified. I'm talking a young healthy person.
again, I should have stated that.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you have cancer, or other disease. if your fat and smoke, yes I understand those circumstances make it a different story.
I'm not looking at the minority case with my general statement and I should have clarified. I'm talking a young healthy person.
again, I should have stated that.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Minority case? lol

Last time I looked around America, there was a whole helluva lotta people who had health problems (even some fairly easily-controllable ones can send any insurance premium SKYROCKETING) in this country. But, whatever...

Latest posts

Top Bottom