light bulbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wife has been stocking up for a couple years. thought we were doing good when we found a pallet at wallyworld of 60 and 75's marked at $.25 for a 4 pack, then I found a 96 pack of 75W bulbs on the LOWE'S clearance rack last week for $1.99.

Inefficient, sure; for normal room lighting, we use the CFL's, but for a reading light, incandescent is the ONLY way to go. It's MY F**** choice and the goobermint needs to stay the hell out of it.

The EPA, Dept. of Energy, IRS, and several other 'agencies' need to be eliminated. The banning of incandescent light is paramount to the banning of lead, just politics and control plus driving up cost. It's a matter of FREEDOM. You want expensive LED's and the costliest low flow toilet available, fine, it's your choice. Some people have to carefully choose how they spend what little money they have. Does it make more sense to buy a $800 set of tires that will last 80,000 miles than to purchase the $99 set that may last 10K, better gas mileage, less to landfill, better handling, traction, stopping and ride; NOT if all you can scrape together is $99.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fluorescent bulbs are not designed to be turned on and off constantly, it shortens their life significantly. I only use them in the garage ceiling, over workbenches, in the recessed can over kitchen sink and in the front porch recessed can. All of these stay on constantly except for the garage ceiling lights. They have their uses but are not near as versatile as the incandescent and never will be. I throw every spent fluorescent bulb in the regular old dumpster to go to the landfill and will continue to do so. Suck it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom