Samsung Fridge Freezing up ***%^$$#@!!! and possible solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I am ready to grenade this POS.
Neighbor gave me this $3,000 fridge and to me it's only worth it's weight in scrap metal.

Weekly i had to unplug it so it would defrost the evaporator coils and the sensors in there.

I HATE warm milk and we lost a friendship starter due to mold.
I have never had a fridge that ruined so much food.

I have had this about 16 months or so and tonight I moved all the food out and tossed a lot.
freezer is at 5 and I had it set at -1 . I had the fridge set at 35° and it was at 60 this morning.

YOU MUTHA **&&%$#.
I WILL KILL YOU.

Like the fridge can hear me. I hate new stuff and this side by side with freezer in the bottom all stainless outside is nice to look at but what a POS.

I was given this thing because the ice maker is in the fridge and freezes up and you have to chip ice out if you want ice.

I do not want ice and use ice trays if I do want some.

The fix maybe:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...-up-over-fan-and-evaporator-coil/td-p/1809098
Seems the wires for the plug in connectors gets under the seal and allows moist air to get in there and freeze it up.
Scroll way down and see pictures of how this guy fixed his.

I think another issue is the side by side doors and the center door seals just lay on a flimsy center bar that rotates on the door.

Not a solid seal at all.

Now get this I kept my old GE top freezer bottom fridge refrigerator and it seals up and pulls a vacuum after you shut the door.
You must pull pretty firmly to get the fridge door to open.

I can open a can of soda pop and drink 1/2 of it and set it in the old GE fridge and more than 5 days later drink it and it is still fizzy.

1 day in the newer Samsung fridge and that soda is flat as a flitter.

Defrosting the Junker now and going to super seal that cooling area and see if this guys fix works for me.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
haha good luck. Ours was one month out of warranty when it started doing the same. My wife attempted to contact them and tell them what was going on. They asked what was going on, asked for the serial # and said they would get back with us. A week later we had a $2800 check in the mail. After some research, it's not if but when and there's not really a fix.

Edit: I tried everything I could find on Youtube to fix it, nothing worked.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was given this thing because the ice maker is in the fridge and freezes up and you have to chip ice out if you want ice.
My mom bought one of those things when her fridge quit about a month after my dad passed. I don't think that ice maker ever worked worth a damn at anything other than making giant ice floes in the ice maker where you can't get at them. I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for it.

Funny thing is that my brother has a Samsung just like it, but his has never given him a lick of trouble, other than having to take the doors off to get it into his kitchen.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Samsung fridge - never again. the drain in the back of the fridge section would freeze up and pretty soon there would be a layer of ice under the veggie drawers. Either the drawers would freeze in place or water would start leaking out the front.
Took a piece of 12 gauge copper wire, hammered it flat, wound one end around part of the defrost heating coil and the other end down the drain. That kept the drain from freezing. That worked for about a year and a half, then stopped working for no apparent reason. Junked the Samsung, got an LG, now had several years of no problems.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hauled off 1040 lbs of scrap iron today and this fridge will be hauled off if it does not decide to play nice.
Hope you had better luck with the Maytag freezer I gave you.

Thank you again for that.
That one was given to my buddies son in Tecumseh and it is working just fine.
The door seal near the bottom corner was not contacting well.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Samsung needs to stick with phones... The multi family complex we built had a Samsung appliance package... 2years after completion they cannot get parts and have a train of new appliances coming in do to break downs . Bearings seizing up in washers is a large part of it , but pumps on the fridges constantly going out. Glad I do not have to deal with that.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah ... I LOATHE this piece of **** we have also. When I remodel this coming spring it is going in the garage for beer. Period. I'm gonna find me an old fridge at the refurb place down the street and put it in my kitchen. This POS -- ice maker doesn't work. Neither does the water in the door. Doors don't seal unless you PUSH them in HARD. (Have I mentioned that Grumpy is like a 10yo on a good day?? I am CONSTANTLY coming behind him making sure the mother****ing POS doors ARE SHUT! 😠😠😠)

I'm too old for this ****. I want to be like my grandparents. I want to buy stuff that works until 20 YEARS AFTER I DIE! 🤷🤷🤷

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HMMM, we have a Samsung French door fridge in the RV that runs from an inverter so as long as we have 12V, we have a fridge that keeps things cold when traveling down the road. When we park and hook up to 230V we can readjust the temps. Rolling down the road it automatically puts the freezer at 20 degrees and the fridge part at 40 degrees.
While in Colorado for the summer the ice maker that is two years old started dumping water into the ice tray, then it would freeze up and dump some cubes. but they fall into water that hasn't frozen and become a big block of ice eventually. It's still under warranty and we have an extended warranty, but can't find anyone that works on Samsung.
Maybe I need to do like Okie4570 and contact the factory. I'll review all the video's that have been posted in this thread to see if there is something that I can do.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will not buy a Samsung appliance unless it's a TV. I had one, and that was it for me. A front load washing machine. I'm not having another one of those either, but especially if its Samsung. :nolike:

Latest posts

Top Bottom