Little range time with the AI and dustingaunder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My point was it's hard to brag about groups when you use a rest. I looked that rock jr thing up though and it isn't as bad as a larger rest I was thinking of but it ain't no bipod either. And why was I not called for some LR goodness?

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point was it's hard to brag about groups when you use a rest. I looked that rock jr thing up though and it isn't as bad as a larger rest I was thinking of but it ain't no bipod either. And why was I not called for some LR goodness?

Please don't consider anything I have posted to be bragging because there are several areas where I know I need to and can improve my shooting abilities. There are several times in a few of my posts were I was critical of my shooting abilities and even posted a link to a thread I found very helpful in improving one's ability to shoot off a bipod, in case others wanted to read through it.

The Rock Jr is not really giving a big advantage over a bipod but like you said it is not a bipod. I would probably go as far to say I would rather have a bipod cause you would at least get a little more side-to-side support with the legs sticking out further and possibly eliminating some of the side-to-side hop. I do plan on getting the AI bipod soon which will provide support at the very end of the rifle stock since it plugs into the spigot on the front of the stock.

If you have a membership at OKC Gun Club, you are more than welcome to go anytime we do. If you do not have a membership, we can each have you as a visitor five times per year. We usually go on the weekends around 8ish, depending on matches going on, and shoot for several hours. I will post up next time we are going out to shoot and you are welcome to meet up with us out there. Either one of us could give you several days notice on the range trip. As long as you are not shooting any kind of steel penetrating or varmint rounds, I will even let you shoot at my auto-poppers.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking good...let me know if your ever interested in shooting.

im gonna have to get me some land soon

Always interested in shooting, just depends on the schedule. The longer range the better nowadays since the smaller distances are boring after shooting at the longer distances. If you are an OKC Gun Club member, let us know when you are going to head to the range and we will try to meet up with you. If not, you can tag along as a visitor a few times, especially if you are interested in joining.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was more trying to dig DG. I am a member out there also. I always get a kick out of the guys who sit at the benches with their rifles strapped down. Didn't mean to imply you were bragging just that a "rest" was used and DG was with you.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was more trying to dig DG. I am a member out there also. I always get a kick out of the guys who sit at the benches with their rifles strapped down. Didn't mean to imply you were bragging just that a "rest" was used and DG was with you.

I'll let you know when we are going out again Josh. Maybe you could give us some pointers too. I can't speak for vdub, but I'd love some tips from another shooter.

I know what you mean about the rifles strapped in rests on the benches too...lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom