Living in HOA's is so much fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is exactly why I live in an apartment now. I can always leave, cheap payment, no mowing the lawn or maintenance. No insane insurance prices. Yep, livin the free life!

You live in an apartment where strangers can come into your dwelling at will and you have zero autonomy so that you don't have to live in a neighborhood with an HOA?

I see you are new here so maybe you're trolling and I just didn't catch on?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like @OKCShooter, we also live where we like our HOA. I have seen examples of some of the complaints others have mentioned. I have also seen many of the same in neighborhood without HOA. The common denominator is people. Unless you are a hermit, you are going to live around people, and some of them may not follow your opinions or desires.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Like saying an honest Democrat
Not if you care about keeping your property values safe from neighbors with poor decision making and you want a nicer environment around you. I am Pro-HOA in that type of situation.

It's pretty simple: An HOA is a necessary "evil" in upscale neighborhoods and a good HOA has value.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not if you care about keeping your property values safe from neighbors with poor decision making and you want a nicer environment around you. I am Pro-HOA in that type of situation.

It's pretty simple: An HOA is a necessary "evil" in upscale neighborhoods and a good HOA has value.
Are you one of board members that drives around in your golf cart measuring grass height?

We have no issues with people maintaining their homes or yards. It is 100% people complaining about useless crap. It's almost like grade school all over again. At least we had chocolate milk at lunch.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HOA lovers,

How many good and decent neighbors do you miss out on because they don't want to put up with the potential BS (all it takes is a change in board personnel) and the $300/mo. HOA payment? Instead, you get arrogant Karens that want to tell you what color your drapes should be.

GaryOkie

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
You live in an apartment where strangers can come into your dwelling at will and you have zero autonomy so that you don't have to live in a neighborhood with an HOA?

I see you are new here so maybe you're trolling and I just didn't catch on?
LOL! I’ve been on this forum longer than you have. Don’t let my post count fool you.

Nobody can come into my apartment without 24 hour notice. Also I changed the locks and have internal bars on my doors. So nobody’s coming in. Also, I’m always home, or on rare occasions my wife and guard dog are home. You are right I don’t answer to an HOA and I can leave my apartment or this country any second I want. I’m not a troll. I’m free. You should try it.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! I’ve been on this forum longer than you have. Don’t let my post count fool you.

Nobody can come into my apartment without 24 hour notice. Also I changed the locks and have internal bars on my doors. So nobody’s coming in. Also, I’m always home, or on rare occasions my wife and guard dog are home. You are right I don’t answer to an HOA and I can leave my apartment or this country any second I want. I’m not a troll. I’m free. You should try it.

Must be an error as your profile shows that you joined OSA 8/29/2024.

Regardless, You “get” 24 hours before strangers legally come in your dwelling and I’m the one that needs to try out your “freedom” LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom