Local Gun Engraver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Is there a local OKC area or even in state gun engraver? Would like to go in to his shop, see examples of his work, discuss the different styles of scroll work, and the percentage/amount of scrolling I would want.

Also discuss how to strip it to the white,scroll it,then what type of blueing.

Local if any...I know of several out of state amd even Colt Firearm Company,just wanted to talk and look at a locals work.....if possible.

Cobiba

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there is one down by Sallisaw area. seen some of her work at the G/S was really nice on a ole colt single action. check with Gary at Williams in Tahlequah he knows the person.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i got my gun engraved and chrome plated in san antonio by Gary Richards. http://www.grengraving.com/

Alot of the engraving work ive seen is just simple outline of scrolls. Gary does relief type scrolls where they take material out from behind the scroll and it gives it a 3d look. Another plus is if you ever have the gun refinished there is no way they will ever rub off the scroll work.

He also didnt have a waiting list when i got mine done it took 3 weeks to ship it there and back.

ai406.photobucket.com_albums_pp148_i_8_tacos_IMG_4724.jpg

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i got my gun engraved and chrome plated in san antonio by Gary Richards. http://www.grengraving.com/

Alot of the engraving work ive seen is just simple outline of scrolls. Gary does relief type scrolls where they take material out from behind the scroll and it gives it a 3d look. Another plus is if you ever have the gun refinished there is no way they will ever rub off the scroll work.

He also didnt have a waiting list when i got mine done it took 3 weeks to ship it there and back.

ai406.photobucket.com_albums_pp148_i_8_tacos_IMG_4724.jpg

Sweet!

Latest posts

Top Bottom