Local powder supply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, J&K is a bullet provider, and the fact that he has power and primers available is just gravy.

The two people who owned his casting equipment previously (I've been buying bullets produced on his equipment since the early 1980's from two previous owners) never made powder or primers available.

Do bear in mind that Mitch has possibly the most competitive price on the hardest lead bullets that you'll find, so if you're shooting lead, you may want to pick up some from him when buying poweder/primers anyway.

The plated bullets he resells are also very competitively priced.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not see what the problem is, businesses run promotions all the time. If Mitch had the foresight to buy powder and primers and wants to run a promotion in his store to sell more bullets, by offering powder and primers to his customers that buy bullets, it is his store. His choice, and a great market strategy. You see stores do this all the time, why be surprised when J & K Bullet Casters does it. There is NO set of rules, other than being legal, when running a store. He has to sell Bullets to stay in business, not powder and primers, he makes and sells bullets, anything else is a courtesy to his paying customers.

My feeling has always been, if you want a business run a certain way, you start your own business do it the way you want it and see if it works. I am seeing gun stores startup and shut down as fast as they start. People do not own businesses to give things away, or not use good business sense. Mitch is just using good business sense.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys. Five years ago, right after Obama was elected, we had customers walk by our tables and tell us they would buy some bullets but they couldn't find powder/primers. I promised myself I'd never lose a sale that way again. So I decided to invest in a low profit margin item to help our bullet customers. I certainly could have invested that money in other things that would have given a much better return, but I chose to invest in our customers. They are the ones that have made us successful and they are the ones we will continue to serve.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Henry's in Yukon had some of both last time I was in there. He's closed for SHOT show right now opens back up next Monday.

Chris C

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, Gene Sears. Stupid autocorrect got me in my first response. Thanks for the clarification UMB.

Gene Sears gets as much as 2 tons of powder in with every shipment......................however, when I was complaining he never has any powder that I want, Gene told me that 2/3 or more of that shipment will go out to resellers like Bass Pro, H&H, etc. So little guys like us don't stand much of a chance. His shipments aren't on a regular schedule. You have to check his site every night and drive to El Reno the next morning if he's showing new stock. It's a real pain in the patute! In the last 12 months, I've only lucked out one time to buy an 8lb container.

Latest posts

Top Bottom