Long guns on my short list.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cavedweller, Nothing personal, but nothing you've listed does anything for me. My list would be just a little different, as we all have differing tastes.

For myself the following are on my radar pattern;

1. Sharps rifle in 45-70

2. Winchester 1895 carbine, with snable forend, tapered octagonal barrel, in 30-40Krag (Yes I have seen one, an had my hands all over it, several years ago, price was 350.00, and gun was atleast 95% or better, still kicking myself over not getting it, yes I had the money in hand at the time!!!!!!!!).

3. Martini/BSA .22lr sporter, with "To die for wood"!!!!! And Creedmore sights!!

4. Model 1873 (Replica) in .44spl

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been drooling over the 92 winchester lever guns in 45 colt for many many years and never took the plunge.. I just acquired a Puma '92 in 45 colt and it is absolutely awesome. Perfect companion rifle for my Ruger pistols in 45 colt. Super smooth action and very accurate. Blitz

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been drooling over the 92 winchester lever guns in 45 colt for many many years and never took the plunge.. I just acquired a Puma '92 in 45 colt and it is absolutely awesome. Perfect companion rifle for my Ruger pistols in 45 colt. Super smooth action and very accurate. Blitz

Really??? I may have an unfired one for sale in the near future......:D

Box has some water damage, but the gun was in a humidity controlled safe the whole time......:thumb:

Scout M1A (will throw a Sage stock on it down the road), always wanted one and love the EBR look, but couldn't really justify the cost until now

DSA FAL Para model had my eye on one for quite some time, had an Israeli HB FAL back in the day that I let go for lack of knowledge of it and still wince everytime I think about that thing.

Back on topic, I want one of each of these. Probably leaning more toward the Scout, I have wanted one for quite a while.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to have a para-FAL, but not crazy about the idea of a DSA; I'd much rather find one of the Izzy or Imbel models, or even better an FN example.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck finding an FN. If and when you do find them people know what they have and aren't going to give it up.

Yeah, I know. The Isreali and Brazilian rifles are easier to get ahold of, and much easier to afford - and usually easier to afford than a DSA.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a FAL exactly like this
awww.frontlinearmory.com_FAL_izzyhb_sar1.jpg

bought it from my GF at the time's uncle for $500, had to have been around 96-97. I got some nasty dirty 7.62 reloads for it, shot it once and it jammed up, I didnt' like that so I got my money back. I had zero expirence with guns at that point and it was just something that was cool looking, I didn't know what I had. Thanks for making me rehash that, jerkface.

Dude! You had a FALO FAL and gave it up? :nolike:

A friend emailed me a couple of days ago asking what guns I'd like to acquire if I could get whatever I wanted and here was my list:

1. An original U.S. Property marked 1911 used in WWII (preferably Colt)

2. An old model Ruger Single Six Lightweight (all blue with steel cylinder)

3. An original FALO FAL

4. A Colt Monitor

5. A 1916 Navy Luger

Latest posts

Top Bottom