Long-range coyote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot this mangy coyote at 10:00 this morning at a laser ranged 812 yds....

i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Coyote_012_zpsa5d86289.jpg

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank's guys!

swampratt - I've lost well over 300 birds in the past 5 years and any coyote I can put the crosshairs on - it's dead!

Dennis - here is a list of specs on this rig:

ACTION: Winchester M70 / blue printed / set-up as a single shot...

BARREL: Lilja / 29" / 1.250" straight tube / 3-groove / D&T muzzle brake / 30 1/2" overall length with muzzle brake...

CALIBER: 30-284...

STOCK: McMillan Tooley MBR / pillar and glass bedded...

TRIGGER: Rifle Basix / adjusted down to 10 oz...

BASE and RINGS: EGW scope base / Burris Signature ZEE rings...

SCOPE: Viper Vortex 6.5X-20X-50mm with 30mm tube / fine duplex crosshairs...

BI-POD: Sinclair F-Class...

OTHER: Heavy duty firing pin spring / titanium firing pin / bushed bolt face...

SHOOTING CONDITIONS: clear sky's / 28 degrees / calm - no wind...

RANGE FINDER: Leica CRF 1600...

My preferred load for this gun was shooting Hornady's 155 gr A-MAX @ 3,400 fps...

I keep this rig sighted in to hit point of aim at 600 yds...

I made a drop table in 50 yd. increments, from 600 yds. out to 1,200 yds. - by shooting at each distance and then recording bullet drop...

I was sitting at my shooting bench this morning, getting ready to do a little shooting when I spotted 3 coyotes off in the distance. I changed positions on my shooting bench, ranged them, dialed the scope in, settled the crosshairs on ones front shoulder, gently squeezed the trigger, and the rest as they say is history...

Here is a picture of where I shot the coyote at. The tree in the middle of the picture, in the background, is where the coyotes were at. It looked like they were playing, the way they running around or chasing field rats or something else. I could not tell exactly what they were doing but, when all three sat down on their fanny, that gave me the few seconds I needed to dial the scope in and settle the crosshair exactly where I wanted it. I had the camera sitting on my shooting bench when I took this picture, after shooting the coyote....

i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Coyote_021_zps34688a46.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the difference from that and a 7.5 Swiss?
I was told (by someone that SHOULD know) that the Win .284 was created from the 7.5 Swiss, .30-.284 sounds like it came full circle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom