Long term water storage (group buy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I realize that there are cheaper ways to store water but I think that having a good quantity of long term storage water in smaller containers may be a wise supplement to barrels, filters and waterbobs so.....

I would like to offer a group buy of http://www.aqualbox.com Aqua Literz water from Sam's club. (permission received from the moderator already)

Buying in one of the larger quantities below affords free shipping but I can't justify buying it all for myself.

This water is packaged in 1 liter containers for storage up to five years. (I can't guarantee the Best Used by Date will be 5 years from the time we receive it.)
(I can't find it on their site, but on http://www.moreprepared.com/emergency-preparedness-supplies/aqua-literz-emergency-water-case-12.html they claim that it can be stored fom -33F to +150F although the high temperature would probably reduce the shelf life)

I would offer it in cases (12 - 1 liter containers) for ~$14-17 per case depending on the level of interest. Payment to be made in cash to me at pickup in the Tulsa area. (I will front the money for the purchase.)

Assume the price will be $17 / case (12 liters), if there is not enough interest and I have to buy the 540 count (45 case) lot I will reduce the price to $14 / case. Yes, I am marking it up a little to make it easier to transact business in even dollar amounts. My cost on the 900 count lot would be ~$13.75 and the 540 count lot would be ~$16.14. Group buy subject to cancellation if there is not enough interest or if the price increases before the purchase is made.

I would like to place the order by Wednesday. January 15.

If you want to participate, please email me at okshooters @ landonwalker.com
If you need to talk to me, my number is 918 4zero9 zero267

900 count (75 cases) http://www.samsclub.com/sams/aqua-l...z-full-pallet-75-cs/prod4020060.ip?navAction=
or
540 count http://www.samsclub.com/sams/aqua-l...oz-1-2-pallet-45-cs/prod4020065.ip?navAction=

Specifications
Special flip-top opening for drinking
Municipal drinking water source
Purified drinking water by carbon media and reverse osmosis filtration
Ultra-high temperature pasteurization
Sterilized 7-layer packaging
Up to a 5-year shelf life when stored in a cool, dry place
No additives or preservatives
Best by date stamped on the package
Product of the USA

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I am a little surprised. No one has an interest in this? I mean there is really no risk since I am fronting the money. I would like a little feedback. Do you think that barrels and water filters are adequate? What if you have to travel in a hurry? Is it me? :scratch:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe some folks don't know that long term water storage requires prepping the water for that storage? You just don't run it out of the tap into 2 liter pop bottles and hope its OK 5 years later.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not saying everyone should make this their sole source of water storage. I just thought having a 3 gallons of easily portable long term storage water for $14-$17 was a good idea. If I can stay home, I be using the waterbob and barrels too.

Edit: I did not place the order today so I will hold off to see if anyone becomes interested.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe some folks don't know that long term water storage requires prepping the water for that storage? You just don't run it out of the tap into 2 liter pop bottles and hope its OK 5 years later.

I'm drinking water that I did that with right now. Our water has chlorine in it. I run it straight from the tap into nice clean water bricks and vinegar bottles. One closet in our house is used for nothing but water storage. Those water bricks are nice for stacking them and right storage. I check it periodically too.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm drinking water that I did that with right now. Our water has chlorine in it. I run it straight from the tap into nice clean water bricks and vinegar bottles. One closet in our house is used for nothing but water storage. Those water bricks are nice for stacking them and right storage. I check it periodically too.

Me too, with the 2-liter bottles. Gotta be at least 5 years old. Wash them out and the lids (be sure and scrub the threads really good) with bleach water, fill them to the VERY top of the bottle with tap water, fill the cap with tap water, then quickly turn the lid over and screw on. You are trying to not trap any air in the bottle -- just water.

I used these bottles to water my critters when we've lost water pressure, or the city has asked us not to use water for a while, for one reason or another. Also drank some myself ... No issues ...

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are using 2 liter bottles can't you give it a little squeeze as you are tightening to make sure you don't trap any air inside?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are using 2 liter bottles can't you give it a little squeeze as you are tightening to make sure you don't trap any air inside?

You could. I suspect that happens anyway when you go to screw the cap back on. I'm a bit anal about my water. You only have to get sick from bad water once to be really careful about how you handle your water ... :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom