Look down, whats there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The proverbial S is hitting the F, you've geared up and have your BOV loaded. You go to the door and get ready to throw them on, possibly the last pair of shoes/boots/sandals/pumps/flats/stilettos you'll ever wear. What footwear are you putting on?

People who've been to places that are sandy, and those who've been to the jungles as well understand how critical quality footwear is. Yet I've never seen a prep/apocalypse conversation discussion of foot fashion. So, what would you be putting on to head out and take on the world as it's falling apart around you?

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Depending on current weather, I'd have one of these on my feet, the others in my bag:

mickey mouse boots, GI Issue surplus
Cold weather Danner's
hot weather Danner snake boots
Knee high Moccasins

6 pair wool socks - vacuum sealed
6 pair light socks - vacuum sealed

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Columbia trail's and good socks. My fave pair is about 11 yrs old but are still in great shape and am still truckin in em, have 2 new pairs in boxes for backups but will probably never need em. Theyre awesome for everything.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wellco T180s. I've run through the desert, through snow, up and down Turkey Mountain, and waded creeks with them. When they get too worn out for running, they are work boots.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't decide between high and low top hiking shoes. Maybe just some Reef flip flops with a bottle opener and flask inside.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pair of leather adidas that I have literally had for 10 years, I have worked ( and I mean real work) and played in these shoes. They are the best most comfortable pair of shoes i've ever owned and if I could buy ten more pair just like them I would but I cannot find them anywhere :-( I only ever wear them to work in now because of how they look but those would be my first choice if I had to get and split.

Latest posts

Top Bottom