Looking for a chest rig/plate carrier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got it. My Velocity Systems Level IV SA swimmer cut plates fit really really tight in it, but they fit. I like it so much better than my Mayflower APC, which is why I'm selling it. The Shellback Banshee was really nice also, sold it though and kind of regret it. I plan on either getting another Banshee or JPC and getting another set of plates. Two is one, one is none.

How much better is the JPC than the APC? I ask, because I'm running the APC now and really like it.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a big fan of the JPC, in so far as minimalist carriers go. Mine currently has Ceradyne ESAPI plates installed. I like the air cummerbund, but wouldnt plan on running side plates even though there are bags for them. Not the most comfortable carrier, but fits close and is very unobtrusive; well as much as a plate carrier can be.
Even with a 3 liter Source bladder on the back, HSGI IFAK, two pistol mags and a spare rifle mag (TACOs), everything stays where it should.

If I was to go with very much more added to my load out I think I would have to go back to a PIG carrier. So comfy, but bulkier and subsequently hotter.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a big fan of the JPC, in so far as minimalist carriers go. Mine currently has Ceradyne ESAPI plates installed. I like the air cummerbund, but wouldnt plan on running side plates even though there are bags for them. Not the most comfortable carrier, but fits close and is very unobtrusive; well as much as a plate carrier can be.
Even with a 3 liter Source bladder on the back, HSGI IFAK, two pistol mags and a spare rifle mag (TACOs), everything stays where it should.

If I was to go with very much more added to my load out I think I would have to go back to a PIG carrier. So comfy, but bulkier and subsequently hotter.

Will you be running the JPC at the July run'n gun? If nothing else, would you mind bringing it out to the event? I would love to put hands on it and take a look at it.

Thanks,

Jake

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will you be running the JPC at the July run'n gun? If nothing else, would you mind bringing it out to the event? I would love to put hands on it and take a look at it.

Thanks,

Jake

I plan on running; well shuffling, around the Tbird course with it. Be glad to let you check it out. Probably be best before the kick off while it is still dry!

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run a Shellback Combat Aggressor and an Eagle.

I love my Shellback, It was very affordable and its durable as hell. I had a Condor years ago and it basically fell apart after a few hard use sessions of training. I would not suggest a Condor for real use in the field.

TAG/Shellback for a good solid inexpensive carrier. The Banshee is about as solid as there is out there. The Eagle was gifted to me and I have yet to really put it into use since I am so pleased with my Shellback.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much better is the JPC than the APC? I ask, because I'm running the APC now and really like it.

It's not that it's so much better, but more that it fits my intended role better. I don't plan on having a full on combat load out humping through the hills of southeast oklahoma fending off zombie hillbillies for months on end. I wanted something I could quickly put on, hold a few rifle mags, a couple pistol mags, and a blowout/ifak kit. The apc is great, but I just found I prefer the jpc. The jpc seems a bit smaller, holds my plates tighter to my body, and higher on my chest and back as plates should be. I got another set of plates last night and I'll probably be ordering another jpc soon. The 3 month wait from crye really sucks, but worth it IMO. HSGI tacos are great too, but I have found I like the BFG ten speed helium whisper pouches. I like how flat and unobtrusive they are when empty.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not that it's so much better, but more that it fits my intended role better. I don't plan on having a full on combat load out humping through the hills of southeast oklahoma fending off zombie hillbillies for months on end. I wanted something I could quickly put on, hold a few rifle mags, a couple pistol mags, and a blowout/ifak kit. The apc is great, but I just found I prefer the jpc. The jpc seems a bit smaller, holds my plates tighter to my body, and higher on my chest and back as plates should be. I got another set of plates last night and I'll probably be ordering another jpc soon. The 3 month wait from crye really sucks, but worth it IMO. HSGI tacos are great too, but I have found I like the BFG ten speed helium whisper pouches. I like how flat and unobtrusive they are when empty.

I have some of the BFG ten speed pouches as well. My only issue is they won't work with AK and AR mags. I do like how flat they sit, but I don't have multiple rigs. With the Taco's I can just grab the rifle I'm using that day and have mag pouches that will work with it. I run my APC with 3 rifle tacos, plates, a hydro carrier and a tourniquet. In all honesty, a chest rig seems like a more logical choice. It's extremely light weight and allows you to carry an IFAK, 3 rifle/pistol double deckers. If you were in a situation that would require plates, you could run a slick carrier underneath. I recently bought a setup like this and am still playing around with it, but I really like it.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Wormy, would you mind bringing your VS plates next time we meet up? I'd like to check their fit in my LPAC if that's ok with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom