Looking for a Mosin trigger sear...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hoping that this thread might get more attention in the milsurp section than in the WTB area.

I am needing a spare sear for a MN. I purchased an M38 a few weeks ago and someone had done some over zealous, sloppy, uneven filing to several areas of the sear. The trigger will engage with the slightest touch of the finger and occasionally when the butt is struck on the ground so this is something I need to get fixed. If anyone has a spare sear (Izhevsk marked preferred) please let me know. I am having a hard time finding a sear for sale by itself. Most are listed for sale along with some combination of a trigger, trigger pin, or sear screw.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take some material out of the back of the sear and re-bend it.
mosin_sear.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take some material out of the back of the sear and re-bend it.
View attachment 31246

I'm not sure that it is worth salvaging. The entire right half width of the sear (on the right side of the area marked in photo above with crosshatch marks) has been filed completely off. I have never seen material removed from the sides of a sear before. The remaining part of the top that contacts the bolt is filed at an angle (side to side) so that it barely makes any contact. The rear area (area marked in red in photo above) has also been filed to the point that no more material can be removed. The sear has pretty much been mangled.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure that it is worth salvaging. The entire right half width of the sear (on the right side of the area marked in photo above with crosshatch marks) has been filed completely off. I have never seen material removed from the sides of a sear before. The remaining part of the top that contacts the bolt is filed at an angle (side to side) so that it barely makes any contact. The rear area (area marked in red in photo above) has also been filed to the point that no more material can be removed. The sear has pretty much been mangled.

Bummer.

Izhy as requested: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=356265132
Whole trigger group: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=356387537

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the OKC gun show today, don't waste your time going up there to look for one, they were at a very low on vendors, and none of them had parts that I spotted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom