Looking for a new 25.06

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll bedazzle that comb and maybe spruce it up a little bit, throw some glitter on it and make it FABULOUS! :pms2:

By chance have you shot or do you own an 11/111 LRH? If so, what were your thoughts on that comb? Necessary? Pain in the butt? I'd guess it is removable if you didn't want to jack with it?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't own one nor have shot one. A friend in Stillwater has one in 6.5x284, and of course it's accurate. He's not mentioned the comb being a problem. I've picked several up at the gun store and looked at them, reviews are good.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 25-06 around January of this year, still have not shot it...soon tho soon....

Planning on using Federal Premium vital shock with the Sierra Game king 117gr btsp load.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i wish some of the budget rifles would come in 25-06. mainly for me to see what i could do with handloads. the mossberg atr 100 would be ideal,maybe the savage axis.

They do make it in the savage axis. My son has one, killed his first deer with it. I like it. It shoots very accurate. The only thing about 25-06 is the price of factory ammo.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do make it in the savage axis. My son has one, killed his first deer with it. I like it. It shoots very accurate. The only thing about 25-06 is the price of factory ammo.

NEF is available in 25-06 as well.

As for ammo, its crazy just a year ago I could find all of the 25-06 I could shoot, now I am lucky to find a solitary box locally.

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the ruger m77s. I don't own a 25-06, but do have a .270. Really its just personal preference. If I only had one gun, I'd have to stick with the 300wsm in the Weatherby. I never have to worry about having enough gun, and have I dont know anybody who worries about having too much gun!

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I gave my son a Winchester Model 70 about 12 years ago. he has killed every deer he has ever shot at. I had always used a 30-06 for over 20 years, a great caliber and all, but I got tired of the recoil.I re-barreled my Remington 700 ADL in 30-06 to a 25-06 with a barrel that I got from Brownells , It was short chambered so it was not hard to head space and finish cutting the chamber. I used some Rem. 100 grain to sight it in and break in the barrel. My son told me to try the Federal Fussion in 120 grain. The gun would shoot 3/4" groups if I do my part. It worked out great for me, the only thing I have seen on the 25-06 is that some will shoot better with the lighter 100 grain bullets and some prefer the heavier 120 grain bullets, I don't know why that is but either is more then enough for Deer. Good luck on your choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom