Whats your opinion on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CVA scout rifle? I don't know where it has come from but I have an itch for a new deer/critter gitter. I am thinking 300 blk so I can suppress it.

Anyone have one? Opinions? Experience?

Thanks in advance.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CVA scout rifle? I don't know where it has come from but I have an itch for a new deer/critter gitter. I am thinking 300 blk so I can suppress it.

Anyone have one? Opinions? Experience?

Thanks in advance.
We have a dozen in .243 for our youth hunting program. Shoot pretty good if you do your part. The triggers are my biggest complaint. I am sure they can be "tuned" up a little, but in our case we won't.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a dozen in .243 for our youth hunting program. Shoot pretty good if you do your part. The triggers are my biggest complaint. I am sure they can be "tuned" up a little, but in our case we won't.
Thank you sir. When say the triggers lack a little. Do you mean smoothness? Reliability? Safety? Would it be a safe reliable hunting weapon?

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot a few. Reasonably accurate, but not tack drivers. Like OklahomaBassin said, their weak link is the trigger. They are totally safe, but fairly heavy and the ones I used all felt “less than smooth” at break point. Otherwise great little rifles!
Thank you I appreciate the feedback. Have you ever shot any of the Thompson Center rifles? I wonder if they have better triggers. Honestly I am not looking for an MOA sniper rifle. I just want a smaller, compact rifle I can suppress.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you I appreciate the feedback. Have you ever shot any of the Thompson Center rifles? I wonder if they have better triggers. Honestly I am not looking for an MOA sniper rifle. I just want a smaller, compact rifle I can suppress.
I haven’t shot any of them, but I know they are extremely popular among target shooters, so I imagine that the triggers are either good to go, or easily improvable.