looking for good precision rifle gunsmithing in okc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wanting to build a custom precision rifle based on a model 70 .300 win mag. I'm just in my planning and development stage at the moment and need to get all my resources lined out. I know I could send it out but if there is a solid local guy I would rather support local economy.

I'll be looking to re-stock and barrel so will need someone who is skilled with bedding, can case the barrel threads and cut the headspace. May need the crown threaded for a brake or suppressor. Also will want the rifle gone over, blueprinted, the whole nine. And will eventually be wanting to have the bolt handle cut and get it drilled and tapped for an oversized bolt handle.

This is just the stuff I'm not familiar with myself. I will be handling trigger work. Any and all suggestions except "trade it for a savage or R700" welcome. I know it's not a popular precision gun and parts aren't as bountiful but I would like to see where I can get with it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beanland sure has a great reputation. I've sent a couple friends that direction who were looking, and I'll be probably doing so next year as well.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah he was a really nice helpful guy, straight shooter and pricing was a lot better than expected. However, he also said he's booked solid for the next 2 months. I'm still planning to make a trip out to talk to him.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done business with Steve for years. His work has always been excellent, and as stated above he's a nice guy. While he is deep into black powder accuracy, he is also quite good with modern stuff, and does great choke work on shotguns. He does stay busy.

When you go to Jones, watch the speed limits closely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom