1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Looking for recommendations on an edc/work knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Selzerwelding, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Selzerwelding

Selzerwelding Hog hunter

Supporter
    Looking for recommendations on a fairly indestructible folding knife that holds a good edge. Preferably a spring assist with partial serrations and a tanto style point. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  2. xseler

xseler These are not the firearms you're looking for.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  3. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It’s hard to beat Kershaw in the bang for the buck department. CRKT makes some really good “if I lose it, it’s not expensive enough to go find it” knives, but some of their lower-priced knives are about truck stop bargain bin quality. Kershaw’s quality is pretty dang good from top to bottom, even their bargain bin knives.

One knife that I personally find indispensable as an EDC is my Camillus sailor’s knife. It’s a pretty basic knife, just a liner-lock sheepsfoot blade and a marlinspike, but, having a straight cutting edge, the blade is relatively easy to sharpen, and it holds its edge fairly well. And that marlinspike is handy as a pocket on a shirt.

4. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you want to spend a pretty penny, look at Zero Tolerance. I have a ZT that’s just a simple flipper, but its action is so smooth you’d swear it was spring assisted.

5. Harp13

Harp13 Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Second the Kershaw. I have carried the leek 1660ST for a long time. Easy to open and has a safety to keep the blade closed for anyone that prefers that option.

6. O4L

O4L Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have carried a Kershaw Blur (Made in the U.S.A.) for several years and I have a couple more for backups.

I believe they make them in the configuration you are looking for.

7. DaveinOKC

DaveinOKC Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    A bit heavy, but built like a tank....Zero Tolerance ZT 0350 or ZT 0350ST.

David

JD8 likes this.
  8. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Kershaw is good value for the money and their assisted openers are a solid choice on a budget. For more $$$ I really like the Spyderco Natives and some of the mid grade Benchmades.

Last year I got a CobraTec Lightweight OTF auto and that's about all I ever carry now. They lock up tighter than the Infidel I had, have D2 blades, come pretty sharp out of the case and if you REALLY search hard, I've found them as cheap as $40 each (don't be picky about colors). All I do is loctite all the screws and give it a couple of licks on a Spyderco sharpmaker and they're gtg. They can be had with tanto point and partial serrated if that's your style. Lightweight - CobraTec Knives

9. Selzerwelding

Selzerwelding Hog hunter

Supporter
    I'll take a look at Kershaw knives. I dont mind spending money on a good blade but I'm not a fan of tearing up my benchmade Osborn every day. Thank you guys for the recommendations

10. cowzrul

cowzrul Distinguished 1998

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The one I have that I like the most is my Benchmade Triage.