Looking to sbr my 7 inch ak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its a romy. I almost didn't believe it. They quality seems great. And its one heck of a straight shooter.
I need to get the krinkov flash hider from midway. :)

Just found out it its not stripped apart, destroyed and rebuilt. These are classified as a pistol, so no US parts are needed. Unlike the WASR's. NOT A U.S. HACKJOB

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like it, looks way cooler than a regular Draco.

Keep in mind that when you SBR it you will need to add the us compliance parts....thats what I heard atleast.

Cool project!

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
that's interesting. I know it didn't need it to comply with 922(r) as a pistol. But will it as an NFA item? Rifles do but do SHORT BARRELED RIFLES? Its a different species still...?

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's interesting. I know it didn't need it to comply with 922(r) as a pistol. But will it as an NFA item? Rifles do but do SHORT BARRELED RIFLES? Its a different species still...?

Yeah, thats what I came up with when I was looking up info on SBR`ing a Draco.
Maybe someone with more knowledge on this can chime in but everything I`ve heard so far is that you have to build it 922r compliant. :uhh:

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Engrave it before you refinish it.
It is to big for my nickle tank but I can do a black
Why do you want to add a stock to it? just asking.
To put it in your trust just put your trust name on it when you send off for your stamp, thats all there is to it.
I am a 07/02 so I can do manufacturing changes to it and I have an engraver.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From what I've seen even an SBR has to be 922r compliant these days. Get the fire control group and a us made stock and US mags and you should be good to go. I'm no 922r expert though.

Happy Birthday Me.... but anyways, to make it 922r compliant, i must change 3 of 6 thing in an AK to US made parts. The ones I'm changing are.. US made handguard, pistol grip, and buttstock(WHEN IT BECOMES A SBR). Since i wanted to swap those out anyways, it works out great. :::ya, ive been researching:::

I just hope I can find a US made handguard that will fit. May have to make one....That will assure its MADE in the USA

Last edited:

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Engrave it before you refinish it.
It is to big for my nickle tank but I can do a black
Why do you want to add a stock to it? just asking.
To put it in your trust just put your trust name on it when you send off for your stamp, thats all there is to it.
I am a 07/02 so I can do manufacturing changes to it and I have an engraver.

Can you do the "wet" or "glossy" black? (Dont know the actually names of finishes..sorry)

I want to ad a stock to it so I can actually shoot it. Its interesting to look at, but that about it to me right now. AK and AR pistols are somewhat novelty item to me...

What about physically adding it to my trust paperwork? I'm ready to "pull the trigger" on this as soon as im legally confident.

One more thing.. have you ever seen a WOOD folding stock and can one be made easily?

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never seen a wood folding stock, is there a way to add a trunion to the rear for a stock? I need to go back and look at the pictures. (yep it is drilled for a stock trunion and I have one and the rivets.)
Yes I can do the gloss black and a russian red wood. I do have some original wood stocks if you want one.
Think about a Tapco trigger group, they are nice, not expensive and add 3 us parts.
Ive seen a lot of us made pistol grips but not sure about the hand guard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom