Looks like Russia is invading Ukraine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not me. I compared Obama with the iconic Ronald Wilson Reagan.

I think what some liberals do when they bring up the Bush's is to ask "why the double standard now, with Obama in office"?
What's different about Obama that aggravates conservatives so much when his policies aren't all that different than George Bush's were.
He even held over Bush's defense secretary and some of Bush's treasury department picks.

Now some people believe it's because conservatives are desparate to label Obama a failure because a successfull black preznit might make it acceptable to elect another black preznit at some point in the future.

When Obama launches an unnecessary war that lasts 8 yrs, costs 2Trillion dollars plus, and costs the lives of thousands I'll label him a failure.
Till then I'll take a wait and see attitude.

Successful black president? Are you located in CO or WA?

I agree that W and O are more alike than different but if you consider O a success then by proxy, you must consider W a success. W may have cost 2T on an unnecessary war but god only knows how many T and lives Obamacare is going to cost us.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man, you liberals really need some therapy. you just can't accept that your chosen one has actually been a failure, always resorting back to president bush. I have never seen...and I do mean never...seen a liberal actually provide a logical defense of the Obama administrations failures, without resorting to some kind of comparison to Bush.

Mostly what I do is point out hypocrisy. I would never say Obama has been the greatest, or even a great, president. But he is far, far from being the worst. You do not need to even go back further than one president to find a worst president. You say Obama's been a failure. How, exactly, did you come to that conclusion? And exactly what makes a president a success or failure? Every president has had failures, some much worse than others. Most have had successes. All presidents have had scandals, some much worse than others. By most quantifiable measures Obama has not been a failure. That's just a fact.

Recession - Out, or almost out, of it.
Deficit - Halved.
Unemployment - Down (yes, yes, I know, those are not "real" numbers.)
Stock market - Doubled.
Wars - None started.
Inflation - Reduced.

Siena College, the de facto ranker of U.S. presidents, surveyed 238 presidential scholars, historians and political scientists in 2010 (they do a survey one year after a president leaves office). In the 2010 survey Obama ranked 15th. Bush (W) ranked 39th. Will Obama's ranking fall once he leaves office, most likely it will. Will it fall below Bush or Harding or Buchanan, not a chance.

It's easy to make a claim, i.e., Obama is a failure. It's a bit harder to prove that claim.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Successful black president? Are you located in CO or WA?

I agree that W and O are more alike than different but if you consider O a success then by proxy, you must consider W a success. W may have cost 2T on an unnecessary war but god only knows how many T and lives Obamacare is going to cost us.
I'm pretty sure I did NOT say he was successful.
Matter of fact I'm almost positive I said
Till then I'll take a wait and see attitude.
Yep, just went back and checked and that's what I said alright.
Nice swing and a miss tho.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And let's be honest, he was the first black president.

Uh, no.
And he was as big an SOB as BHO.....
At least he has a southern accent, and his ex-girlfriends made some rather interesting appearances in print and film. He'd be fun to hang out with.
With BHO, maybe we'll get to see Rahm Emanuel posing in a bath house....eewwwww.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom