• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK Lyman 45 lube sizer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sub Category
Reloading Supplies
Willing to Ship?
  1. Yes
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
45$
Is this item for trade?
  1. For Trade
Trade Value or Items Looking For
lighter duty O-frame reloading press
North of river, 74008, Bixby, Oklahoma, United States
Used Lyman 45 lube sizer in good working condition. the lube/sizer was included when I bought a master caster. No sizing die or top punch is included with press at the listed price. Lube inside press was almost crystalized and I used the pressure function to extrude out the die hole. Picked the remainder out. Cleaned outside of body with WD40 to remove most of the old lube. New owner may want to clean further. Handle pivots and links have normal clearance, no excessive wear. Now the not so good. At the top of the stroke, where the slide is high, there is some tightness/sticking. a bit of lube is good. the reservoir cap is tight on the reservoir. It appears the reservoir may be slightly out of round. some loss of blueing on the outside of the reservoir tube. the lube piston fits very well and moves up and down when the threaded rod is turned. Only parts shown in close up are included. Thumb screws and die set screw are there. No ratchet came with the press. Spring clamp on rod in close up picture is there to hold slide in position so that the top section of reservoir tube can be seen.
Would prefer FTF sell so that there will be no surprises to buyer. I believe price reflects the sticking issue. I do have a .358" sizing dies that is a very early die, no o-ring and shows evidence of using the setscrew in something like the Lyman 45 to hold it in place if the buyer is interested.

Attachments

• Lyman 45 full assembly.JPG
    Lyman 45 full assembly.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • Lyman 45 close.JPG
    Lyman 45 close.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Lyman 45 parts.JPG
    Lyman 45 parts.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom