M1 carbine pic thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As promised. A mixmaster M1 Carbine with an early Rock-Ola receiver and slide, a S'G' trigger group, 1944 Inland barrel, etc.

That M94 Swede snuck into the pic - but hey, it's a Carbine! :D

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

And a trio of American arms from the war (well, kind of!):

[Broken External Image]

Police9901

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found this in a mountain lake in Austria while scuba diving. The barrel was sticking 1" out of the mud. I pulled it out and the whole rifle was there. Hell knows how it got there. Must have been sitting down there since the end of WW2. Some corrosion, but I can still read "IBM" on it. The wood shrunk, looks almost like a mummie. I put my 'ol mag pouches on it and a rifle sling. It's sitting at my house here in Germany and makes a nice conversation piece...

[Broken External Image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[Broken External Image]

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found this in a mountain lake in Austria while scuba diving. The barrel was sticking 1" out of the mud. I pulled it out and the whole rifle was there. Hell knows how it got there. Must have been sitting down there since the end of WW2. Some corrosion, but I can still read "IBM" on it. The wood shrunk, looks almost like a mummie. I put my 'ol mag pouches on it and a rifle sling. It's sitting at my house here in Germany and makes a nice conversation piece...

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Was it loaded when you found it?

Police9901

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no tellin what the story is behind that dude.

Ain't that the truth... If that rifle could talk. The lake is 20mls northeast of Salzburg/Austria.

[Broken External Image]

There were no significant battles in WW2 in that area. They basically surrendered in May 1945 without a fight. Maybe a civillian bought it on the black market, took it from a GI (dead or alive), got scared and threw it in the lake when he went fishing.

There is a bunch of German WW2 stuff in those lakes too, the Wehrmacht dumped it in there before US Forces arrived.

PS. I found this Carbine in the Mondsee.

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my Quality Hardware M1 Carbine, it has a 43 date on it, and has a lot the nice early model features

ai836.photobucket.com_albums_zz281_andccas_Random019.jpg

ai836.photobucket.com_albums_zz281_andccas_Random022.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom