1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

M1 Garand / M1A / M-14 Thread

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by mr_ouija, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mightymouse

mightymouse Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It is a lot of fun to shoot! I put another 100 rds thru my SOCOM 16 today--what a great shooting gun!

2. Biggsly

Biggsly Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That is a very nice find.

3. OKC_Jim

OKC_Jim Sharpshooter

Nice rifle! I'm still on the hunt for an IHC (of any variety).

4. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Thanks, I'm still pumped about getting it for a fair price. Most of the IHC's I've seen were priced such that I was convinced the internals were gold-plated!

Thanks - did you go to the Wanenmacher show? I saw two other IHC's, both postage stamps. I don't recall the prices though, as I found this gap letter first, and that's all I had on my mind all weekend. Talk about biting one's nails: "Is it still there? Is he willing to negotiate?" :wink2:

5. becker_atc

becker_atc Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That IHC is TOOOOO COOOL! Maybe Ill get some good pics of my tractor rifle tomorrow as I may take her to the range!

6. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Very cool, Todd!

7. been

been Sharpshooter

there was a table at the show with allot of M1's (maybe 12 or more) and a couple were IHC.

8. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    nice IHC

9. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It's not a rifle, but figured someone might appreciate photos of the latest Garand related item that I picked up. I ran across the trading card in the photos below on an online auction. It was produced in 1939 by O-Pee-Chee as a part of the Fighting Forces series. It looks like there was also an American release of this same series of cards under The World in Arms title by GUM Inc. There's not much information out there about these cards, but I did find the following description on another auction site that had a partial set listed: "Scarce 1939 V276 O-Pee-Chee "Fighting Forces". While the fronts resemble Gum Incorporated's R173 "World In Arms" edition, a review of the backs reveals this selection is something very special. The title and clearly Printed in Canada" copy uncovers this 48-card set made for the Canadian market. Single examples rarely appear for sale resulting in assembling a complete set extremely difficult."

Notice that the rifles on the card are the early gas traps with slant cut op rods, flush nut sights, and grooved lower bands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  10. ZMan762x51

ZMan762x51 Marksman

Got a CMP M! this year and love it after I got it all cleaned up. Need one of those M-14's in a bad way now.