M16A1 parts Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I missed it. Still wonder which one they don't include, why leave out the disconnector but include the auto sear? Know what I mean?

Yes, it does not make much sense. Why send you the auto-sear that you can't use, but leave out the disconnector which is easily modified to AR15 specs.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the SG kit as well, and wondered about the actual finished price. Not sure of the pin size/ are the lower parts useable or would it just be easier to use a commercial LPK? A1 contour barrel price? Anything else?

Might be fun to own a "Retro" rifle. Reminds me of the first day we drew rifles in basic training. Mine was a rattle trap with much of the finish worn or cleaned off.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pin size should be the standard size. Not the larger Colt pins like on an SP1. If i recall correctly CMMG makes a 1:7 twist pencil barrel that'll work. Now whether they have them or not is another question.

Last edited:

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look, I'm devote AK'r and have had some kits built. But a kit without barrel for that price just seem's unreasonable. But like I said, I know nothing about AR's. Tell me what's up?

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I ordered one of the SG kits the last time they had them in stock. Parts show some light use, but in really good shape overall. All the small parts appear to be present, including the disconnector, even though the ad said it came without one.
I'm using a 20" Del-Ton lightweight barrel. The Del-Ton barrel comes with a newer model front sight base, so it isn't 100% correct for a 'nam-era rifle, but its not terribly noticeable. It does come finished in gray at least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom