MagPul MOE hand guards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the skinny on the MOE handguards? they look pretty nice and I have read good things about them, yet I have never handled them or shot with them...

any pluses? minuses?

where would you buy them? magpul direct? any vendor?

TIA

ChrisC

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought mine from Brownells. For my uses, there are only positives, no negatives. They fit snug, are cheap, and offer me the real estate to mount what I need to mount, without having excess railage.

For a simple KISS carbine, no rails, they offer a much better feel than CAR or M4 style handguards.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they feel better in the hand than stock handguards, but I didn't think they felt absolutely solid enough for mounting a VFG on.
Tried it, but it seemed to wobbly...
Just my opinion.

DORR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're an cheap and easy alternative for those of us who want to mount a light or vfg but don't have the $$$ or need for the more expensive rail systems. For $30 bucks you can't beat the improved feel and versatility that you get.

You can order direct from Magpul or they are pretty widely available from any of the online stores that specialize in AR accessories.

Here are a couple of pics of my light setup.

ai259.photobucket.com_albums_hh311_77DORR_IMG_32662.jpg

ai259.photobucket.com_albums_hh311_77DORR_IMG_32642.jpg

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The magwell is a very poor VFG, it places the hand too far rearward, resulting in a serious lack of stability, and hampers speed, in my experience. It is also somewhat dangerous in case of a case rupture.

I do not dig the broomstick hold on the VFG, I use it to place my hand in the same place every time, directly behind the FSB. I have found holding the gun that far forward is a much more stable method.

Latest posts

Top Bottom