Maintaining and keeping high mileage F150?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2017 F150 Super Crew, v8 that I bought in 2019. Got a really good deal on it at the time. Now has 193k and torque converter is going bad. My mechanic recommends a rebuilt transmission rather than replace converter due to the high miles.

The engine runs great, doesn't use oil, and truck drives well.

The price of pickups is crazy and I don't see it getting better any time soon. Is putting money into a high mileage truck worth it?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Do you trust your mechanic? If so build that transmission. Trucks are priced at WTF price levels these days and I keep talking to friends with new trucks and nothing but problems and they cannot get parts . Metro ford has had a brand new f250 sitting on jack stands waiting on parts for like 3 months now....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to put a few k in my 06 as soon as it needs tires. Rebuild the frontend, take the level out, go back stock on tire size, take the flow master off etc. I’m not making a payment in the economy.
I just put a level kit, inner tie rods, camber kit, and 4wheel alignment on mine along with some new (to me) wheels. A newer truck sure doesn't justify the price tag in my case.

ETA: In my case it had hail damage when I bought and has probably picked up more. I'm going to spray the whole truck in bedliner which should help hide that. I'm just still trying to figure out if I'm going to buy a big ass compressor and do it myself or pay a shop. I could always sell the compressor when it's done. Leaning on just paying a shop and not mess with the compressor or mess.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just got all the parts in to go through the brakes on my 08 Tundra.... Next I am getting the 4x4 actuator .... going to keep sinking money into it and stay on top of the fluids and service intervals.
It is ugly, but runs strong and no payments. House is paid off so I can tuck some money away for major items .

Latest posts

Top Bottom