Malaysia Air Flight 370

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
300 miles apart from each other.

Yes, the Chinese one is 300 miles away. but there is a high tech ship with the high tech stuff got two signals on the same wavelength for two hours, it's turning around right now to make another pass over the area. They say it takes a couple of hours to turn around because of a mile long cable it's pulling. I don't know, Hobbes, the experts are saying the pings are consistent with the black box. I really think they got lucky and found it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read that there were survivors banging from inside the hull of the Arizona even as late as December 25th, 1941.
The Arizona is in relatively shallow water; if she'd sunk in the depths of the ocean, they wouldn't have been hearing anyone that late (if we assume that they'd had the technology to locate and monitor a ship that far down) because they'd have been crushed by the pressure.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have detected more signals. News conference in Australia right now. I believe they were able to triangulate it.

Edit: They are deploying sonar buoys right now with with sensors on them. Right over the area of the pinging.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or the pressure inside equalizes to the outside pressure due to leaks and it stays intact.
Planes are not built to be waterproof, it will depend on how fast it fills up with water.

There are probably no survivors down there, but at least they have triangulated the pinging and are beefing it up with sonar bouys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom