man, news is slow. So....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
quite a few ppl asked for the recipe...here goes.

Avocado Eggs

Preheat oven to 425

Slice avocado in half and slice a bit of the bottom off so it will sit flat on the baking sheet. Season the avocado with salt, pepper, paprika, and chives. Crack the egg into the pit hole and season the top as well. Bake for 15 minutes and garnish with bacon crumbles.

Sometimes I throw a jalepeno slice in there and top it with some srirachi. :gun2:

Pics will come as we cook later this wknd. have fun everyone!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My armadillo egg recipe.

16 jalapenos
8oz Cream Cheese
4oz shredded extra sharp cheddar( or whatever cheddar you prefer)
2lbs spicy breakfast sausage
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, or an equivalent amount of dried bread crumbs
1tbsp chipotle chili powder.

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Slice tops and ends of jalapeno peppers, cut in ½ remove seeds and veins.
3) Thoroughly mix cream and cheddar cheese together in a bowl .
a. It helps if the cream cheese is softened but you will want it to be a little more firm to roll into your pepper halfs so if it gets too soft pop it back in the fridge or freezer for a little bit to firm up a little.
4) Take a dollop of your mixed cheese,(I use a baby food sized spoon) and drop it into your pepper half then roll between your palms to form a somewhat rounded egg.
a. After assembly I will take the bowl full of stuffed peppers and place them in the refrigerator to firm back up while I prep the sausage.
5) Throw Ritz crackers and chipotle chili powder in a Ziploc bag and beat them to make fine cracker crumbs add, crumbs and chili powder to breakfast sausage and mix thoroughly.
6) Form a ball of sausage mix roughly 1oz in weight then flatten between your palms, place a stuffed pepper in the middle of it, wrap sausage around pepper then roll between palms to form an egg shaped ball of meat. Place assembled egg in a glass baking dish. Once all your eggs have been assembled pop them into the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes until done.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My armadillo egg recipe.

16 jalapenos
8oz Cream Cheese
4oz shredded extra sharp cheddar( or whatever cheddar you prefer)
2lbs spicy breakfast sausage
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, or an equivalent amount of dried bread crumbs
1tbsp chipotle chili powder.

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Slice tops and ends of jalapeno peppers, cut in ½ remove seeds and veins.
3) Thoroughly mix cream and cheddar cheese together in a bowl .
a. It helps if the cream cheese is softened but you will want it to be a little more firm to roll into your pepper halfs so if it gets too soft pop it back in the fridge or freezer for a little bit to firm up a little.
4) Take a dollop of your mixed cheese,(I use a baby food sized spoon) and drop it into your pepper half then roll between your palms to form a somewhat rounded egg.
a. After assembly I will take the bowl full of stuffed peppers and place them in the refrigerator to firm back up while I prep the sausage.
5) Throw Ritz crackers and chipotle chili powder in a Ziploc bag and beat them to make fine cracker crumbs add, crumbs and chili powder to breakfast sausage and mix thoroughly.
6) Form a ball of sausage mix roughly 1oz in weight then flatten between your palms, place a stuffed pepper in the middle of it, wrap sausage around pepper then roll between palms to form an egg shaped ball of meat. Place assembled egg in a glass baking dish. Once all your eggs have been assembled pop them into the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes until done.

Good plan, I haven't tried mixing crumbs with my sausage. I might do that next time. Sounds like a good plan. You should try it with some pepperjack cheese or I saw this chipotle cheddar once at WalMart. It was pretty good, though not very hot. Since you're doing them in the over, that would add some more smoky heat. Good recipe, though, I'ma try the crackers bit.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good plan, I haven't tried mixing crumbs with my sausage. I might do that next time. Sounds like a good plan. You should try it with some pepperjack cheese or I saw this chipotle cheddar once at WalMart. It was pretty good, though not very hot. Since you're doing them in the over, that would add some more smoky heat. Good recipe, though, I'ma try the crackers bit.

Yeah they hold together nicely with the crackers in the meat. The whole foods chipotle chili powder I use is a smoked pepper adds a lot of smoke flavor. One of the guys downstairs at work grows jalapeños. I just got a bag of 2 dozen garden fresh peppers. Gotta make some goodness this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom