Man ties record for biggest largemouth bass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
largemouth bass fishing in Japan is like fish farming in the US.
I've seen several sites that this is a nurtered area where everything is monitored, and the perfect habitat is maintained all the time.
Disclaimer This is what I've read, and do not hold me as the source.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
largemouth bass fishing in Japan is like fish farming in the US.
I've seen several sites that this is a nurtered area where everything is monitored, and the perfect habitat is maintained all the time.
Disclaimer This is what I've read, and do not hold me as the source.

I've read that too.

It's funny, but we're coming up against that at home with deer farming.

DrTurkenstein

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think they are trying to "maintain" the lake in order to produce world record fish. I think it's more of a "protect the environment" kind of thing. Lake Biwa, according to many online information sources, is one of the 10 or 20 oldest lakes on earth. It is also used by more than 14 million people as a water supply. I think the largemouth fishery is a biproduct of the goverment and the general public trying to protect the lake. Also from what I've read the bass and bluegill are destroying the native populations and are considered nuisance species.

IMHO maintaining perfect conditions in that lake is no different than what state F&W departments try to do here with their management practices and EPA laws however lacking they might be.

I also have not done any actual studies, I'm only speaking from what I have read.

Latest posts

Top Bottom