Manuel of Nashville suit - does this have any value?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdvRider918

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was my late father in law's suit, and has been sitting in my closet since he passed. It was made for him by Manuel of Nashville and modeled after a suit worn by Porter Wagoner. We are moving and purging and I was about to toss this in the donation pile, when I stopped myself and decided to look around and see if it was worth anything.

I can't find another Manuel of Nashville suit for sale anywhere - not one on EBay or anywhere else I looked. There is one Manuel coat for sale on Etsy and the seller is asking $4500. There are a few Nudie's suits and shirts here and there and they are all in the thousands. And I discovered that my FIL apparently paid $10,000 for this suit in the early 90s. All of which leads me to believe this might actually be worth something.

Anyone know where I might be able to find its value (if any) and / or where I might be able to sell it? Thanks in advance!

IMG_7461.jpeg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t have any idea of what the value is, how to value it, or where to sell it, but I think you’re correct in thinking the fact that it’s a Manuel suit means it has cash value. I do think advertising it in Nashville, or maybe Branson, media is probably going to get you the best return.

You might look up specialty auction houses who sell country music memorabilia; this probably won’t have anywhere near as much of a market value as one worn by, say, Porter Wagoner, but it has to be worth something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom