Marlin or Savage for 22 auto rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend asked me which to buy, they are both about the same price, the Marlin 795 or the Savage 64F. They both look about the same to me, but I have never owned either one. Any of you guys have any experience with them?

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it depends on what they want. If they want to keep it stock, the Marlin is likely the better option. However, if they want to customize the heck out of it then a Ruger 10/22 might be a good option.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I told him to get the 10/22, but he is buying a couple for his sons and doesn't have a lot of money to spend. Looks like both of his choices will be on sale this weekend.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
savage!i had a 64 and regret selling it because it was very accurate out of the box using just the sights, i have a 10/22 and to be honest the savage was more accurate out of the box, but after several hundred dollars the 10/22 rules. if my neighbor would sell me the savage back , it would be mine as soon as he spoke the words

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed my 171 dollar savage... Sold it to a friend.... He is on this forum and needed into the lr game. I know he enjoys it now. I had no issue with it period. It always worked no jams period.. But I always ran the same CCI ammo thru it..

Latest posts

Top Bottom