Marrying an Ex felon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SDA can answer your question in regard to vehicles.

QUOTE:

TITLE 21 § 1283 CONVICTED FELONS AND DELINQUENTS
A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, it shall be unlawful for any person convicted of any felony in
any court of this state or of another state or of the United States to have in his or her possession or under his or
her immediate control, or in any vehicle which the person is operating, or in which the person is riding as a
passenger, or at the residence where the convicted person resides, any pistol, imitation or homemade pistol,
altered air or toy pistol, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun or rifle, or any other dangerous or deadly firearm.
B. Any person who has previously been convicted of a nonviolent felony in any court of this state or of another
state or of the United States, and who has received a full and complete pardon from the proper authority and
has not been convicted of any other felony offense which has not been pardoned, shall have restored the right
to possess any firearm or other weapon prohibited by subsection A of this section, the right to apply for and
carry a handgun, concealed or unconcealed, pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act and the right to
perform the duties of a peace officer, gunsmith, or for firearms repair.
C. It shall be unlawful for any person supervised by the Department of Corrections or any division thereof to have
in his or her possession or under his or her immediate control, or at his or her residence, or in any passenger
vehicle which the supervised person is operating or is riding as a passenger, any pistol, shotgun or rifle,
including any imitation or homemade pistol, altered air or toy pistol, shotgun or rifle, while such person is
subject to supervision, probation, parole or inmate status.
D. It shall be unlawful for any person previously adjudicated as a delinquent child or a youthful offender for the
commission of an offense, which would have constituted a felony offense if committed by an adult, to have in
the possession of the person or under the immediate control of the person, or have in any vehicle which he or
she is driving or in which the person is riding as a passenger, or at the residence of the person, any pistol,
imitation or homemade pistol, altered air or toy pistol, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun or rifle, or any other
dangerous or deadly firearm within ten (10) years after such adjudication; provided, that nothing in this
subsection shall be construed to prohibit the placement of the person in a home with a full-time duly appointed
peace officer who is certified by the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET) pursuant to
the provisions of Section 3311 of Title 70 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
E. Any person having been issued a handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense
Act and who thereafter knowingly or intentionally allows a convicted felon or adjudicated delinquent or a
youthful offender as prohibited by the provisions of subsection A, C, or D of this section to possess or have
control of any pistol authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a felony
punishable by a fine not to exceed Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00). In addition, the person shall have the
handgun license revoked by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation after a hearing and determination that
the person has violated the provisions of this section.
F. Any convicted or adjudicated person violating the provisions of this section shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a
felony punishable as provided in Section 1284 of this title.

Better to give up the old lady rather than the guns unless she's wealthy.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, you may want to contact both an attorney as well as the DA or federal prosecutor. If she has actually had a conviction and not just a deferred sentence, there is a possibility of applying/appealing (or whatever) for a pardon. If it is a state offense, I think the governor can grant a pardon, but for a federal case, I think it takes the president.

If her case ended up with a deferred sentence, she can go back to court after the deferred sentence is completed and go for an expungement of the record.

However, I'm like many others here on the forums and have no actual, factual answers for you, other than go the attorney/DA/federal prosecutor route.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't think you could ever be an "ex" felon, and I could be wrong but I think you're going to have to choose, guns or lady, to avoid any issues.

Expungement would be an ex felon - it's a lot easier to get nailed with a felony than the majority of people realize, and that would be an ex felon, and I am one of those that falls into an "ex felon" due to a stupid decision as a 17 yr old kid, luckily 5 yrs of probation and they made that stupid decision go away. Luckily that was part of my plea bargain. A lot of it depends on the offence and the plea/final agreement.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my buddies kids got pinched for being a dumbass when he was 15, convicted of non-violent felony (that will expunge on either 18th or 21st bday) but the courts in his town ordered all firearms removed from home even on the appeal.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has she tried to get a full pardon from the state yet?

21 O.S. 1283

B. Any person who has previously been convicted of a nonviolent felony
in any court of this state or of another state or of the United
States, and who has received a full and complete pardon from the
proper authority and has not been convicted of any other felony
offense which has not been pardoned, shall have restored the right to
possess any firearm or other weapon prohibited by subsection A of this
section, the right to apply for and carry a concealed handgun pursuant
to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Section 1290.1 et seq. of this
title, and the right to perform the duties of a peace officer,
gunsmith, or for firearms repair.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a person isn't sane/trustworthy/corrected enough to be around firearms, they probably shouldn't be let out of prison. People with previous felonies deserve the same right to protect themselves as you or I do.

Good news is, black powder firearms are not firearms, and therefore felons can be around those, AFAIK. Guess you can always start up a BP collection.

pistolguy

Marksman
Reaction score
actually, that's not true, in many states, to include OK. However, if it comes down to that, I'll move in a heartbeat over a state's being too restrictive. everyone should. Why pay taxes to tyrants?. I have thought of a way to have a DA revolver that is cap and ball, and also, a way to get 10 hits per second on target out of said revolver, each hit as "powerful" as 380 ball. With one in each hand, you have the same "capacity' as a Mac 11 smg, with the ccw 20 rd mag. Not bad for something that costs $500 each and can be shipped in thru the mail to anyone in 30 states! :-)

Many are NOT sensible enough to be around firearms, whom are NOT felons. Many felons serve the full sentence, 5 years or so, and then you would keep them locked up, based upon WHAT, sir? Your 'future crimes" abilities to predict behavior? There are 16 million felons in the USA. 3 million are locked up. 3 million are on some sort of supervision, 10 million are free to move around. Almost all of those locked up will one day be released, and another 'new' several hundred thousand people are charged with a felony every year. very soon a "lock them all up and leave them' policy would have half of the people locked up, costing 30k a year each, and they won't be paying any TAXES while locked up and their families will be on welfare during that time. So think about what would mean to the economy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom