Mask Hysteria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tell people who have said something to me -- politely (yes, hard to believe I know) -- that I have a medical condition which makes wearing a mask more dangerous to my health than COVID and it is against the law for them to harass me or ask questions much like it is against the law for them to harass someone with an emotional support animal. (None of this is untrue, mind you. My PTSD goes into overdrive ...) Only a couple of these folks have seen fit to challenge me further. That tends to not go so well for them as I get out my phone and start very obviously recording (for my lawyer and LE, ya know). THAT seems to speak to them. Thank God.

I rarely go out these days -- it's better for all of us that way. I hate people more and more as time -- and 2020 -- goes by ...

i'm curious which law says they can't ask? i've heard people say this, but the only thing i've seen referenced is with regards to the ADA and that actually states the opposite. Businesses may ask so that they can know how to accommodate an individual's needs. And that stopping the spread of infectious disease is actually a valid exception to ADA accommodations.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of facts..... has anyone looked up the trend of infections since the mask mandates have passed? Plenty of time to make a difference since it's been well past 2 weeks here in Tulsa.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
i'm curious which law says they can't ask? i've heard people say this, but the only thing i've seen referenced is with regards to the ADA and that actually states the opposite. Businesses may ask so that they can know how to accommodate an individual's needs. And that stopping the spread of infectious disease is actually a valid exception to ADA accommodations.
I think people are referring to HIPAA when they talk about this.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't say anything about 100%.

Some are considerably more effective than others. Most are wearing cloth masks, which are garbage.

Not only wearing cloth masks but wearing DIRTY cloth masks.

I know someone who has worn the same mask since March. He's a bachelor (not holding that against him) and he's not particularly neat (which I suspect also translates into not necessarily being particularly fastidious about cleanliness). At first he was told he had pneumonia. NOT COVID, mind you, pneumonia. A week or so after that diagnosis -- and him getting worse, not better, with treatment -- he was tested. 3 or 4 days after that he was told he was positive. He is REALLY, REALLY sick. It fact it would not surprise me if we don't wind up losing him. I believe that mask had everything to do with him getting sick in the first place.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Page 31
https://www.ada.gov/pubs/adastatute08.pdf

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not only wearing cloth masks but wearing DIRTY cloth masks.

I know someone who has worn the same mask since March. He's a bachelor (not holding that against him) and he's not particularly neat (which I suspect also translates into not necessarily being particularly fastidious about cleanliness). At first he was told he had pneumonia. NOT COVID, mind you, pneumonia. A week or so after that diagnosis -- and him getting worse, not better, with treatment -- he was tested. 3 or 4 days after that he was told he was positive. He is REALLY, REALLY sick. It fact it would not surprise me if we don't wind up losing him. I believe that mask had everything to do with him getting sick in the first place.

All I know is that I've seen cloth masks give people a false sense of security from a social distancing aspect.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's more HIPAA related than ADA. And I doubt very seriously if it would hold up in court ... But ... I haven't really done the research on it. I will lie like a dog to avoid a confrontation in public. Doesn't phase me one bit. My ego doesn't need for me to puff my chest out and thump it like a damned silverback gorilla to prove I'm badder than done idgit I'll likely never see again. Quite the contrary -- I'm pretty ****ing smug when I look back and see how easy some people are to fool. :hey3:

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaki ... asks-work/
Holland’s top scientists — ‘Absolutely no scientific evidence’ masks work.

"As I walked around the sun-dappled streets of Amsterdam, something felt strange in this world swept by fear and pandemic. There was laughter coming from barges sliding along the famous canals, clusters of cyclists clogged the streets, shoppers dipped into chic boutiques, the barber shops seemed busy and cafes served couples chatting over coffee.

I heard many voices of tourists in bars and restaurants, while even the seedier sides of this celebrated Dutch city had people strolling through them. It took me a moment to realise what was so weird. Then it struck me. It felt like I had stepped back in time, returning to the pre-pandemic normality of a bustling city filled with human beings whose faces were not covered by cloth.

For while 120 countries in the world, including much of Europe, have ordered citizens to wear masks in public places to prevent the spread of Covid-19, the Dutch are doing things differently.

The nation’s top scientists, having examined key data and research, have declared there is no firm evidence to back the use of face coverings. Indeed, they argue that wearing the wretched things may actually hamper the fight.

‘Face masks in public places are not necessary, based on all the current evidence,’ said Coen Berends, spokesman for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. ‘There is no benefit and there may even be negative impact.’

"People look like they have nappies on their faces."

Latest posts

Top Bottom