Mauser Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you decide to see what fits, it might be a good idea to use fired brass rather than live rounds in the interest of safety.

If you do, put the brass in the magazine so the extractor can slip over the rim rather than putting the brass in the chamber. With empty brass, you may need to use a small screwdriver or something similar to raise the front end of the brass so it doesn't jam against the feed ramp as it moves forward.

If you are not familiar with controlled round feed vs push feed, google it. I think all Mausers are controlled round feed, and you can damage the extractor by loading rounds directly into the chamber and then closing the bolt.

Milsurp2.0, are you sure the .308 won't go? Is it a case diameter issue?

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys, in the interest of safety I am taking it to a gunsmith to get it checked out. I am calling around and getting more prices today.

Have you tried 7.65x53 in it yet? Does it chamber? Does it chamber with pressure when you add a piece of paper between bolt face and cartridge - if it does, then that's what you got.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried 7.65x53 in it yet? Does it chamber? Does it chamber with pressure when you add a piece of paper between bolt face and cartridge - if it does, then that's what you got.
+1. Or use the scotch tape method. 80 bucks is atleast 3 boxes of ammo for that puppy. And in turn 60 reloadable cases. I would buy cheap 7.62x54 and pull the bullets and use the powder(downloaded).

Latest posts

Top Bottom