MetroGun shotgun barrel extensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, but man that super long barrel is strange looking.
Agreed. Reminds me of old punt guns. According to the guy who designs them though, your first 16-18” of shotgun barrel is where it is being propelled, the rest is just gliding through the barrel. If you cut down to 18” and thread on a 30” extension, you still have a ridiculously long shotgun, but it is reduced to an extent.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does that effect the chokes?
Its an odd niche really though. Subsonic stuff would be OK for closer stuff like upland game...but the barrel length would be prohibitive of that type of hunting.
I'd think subsonic would be far less than ideal for waterfowl...but that type of hunting the barrel length I dont think would be as big of a deal.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does that effect the chokes?
Its an odd niche really though. Subsonic stuff would be OK for closer stuff like upland game...but the barrel length would be prohibitive of that type of hunting.
I'd think subsonic would be far less than ideal for waterfowl...but that type of hunting the barrel length I dont think would be as big of a deal.
The barrel screws into the choke tube threads, and the. You screw your choke tube into the end of the extension.
I heard the guy talk about how it was perfect for training dogs, and doing more of the culling type hunts, like hunting crows or ravens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom