Michele Bachmann Undercuts Veterans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is going to sound weird but here goes:

I don't disagree with a single post in this thread.

What I have a problem with is this:

We have the money to ramp up combat operations in Afghanistan, knowing full well it will ramp up injuries to the troops, but we don't have the money to ramp up care the vets will need as a result of those combat operations.

Those troops are coming home with lifetime injuries and other problems but the budget is an annual calculation.

Problem is, when they calculate the cost of war, these costs are usually left out of the spreadsheet.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back to square one it looks like to me. Those who don't serve and know nothing about service to their country willing and eager to walk out on the bill owed to those who do. It shows about as much character and integrity as going into a fine restaurant, eating a big meal, and then running away without paying up.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back to square one it looks like to me. Those who don't serve and know nothing about service to their country willing and eager to walk out on the bill owed to those who do. It shows about as much character and integrity as going into a fine restaurant, eating a big meal, and then running away without paying up.

Strangely enough most of us who did serve seem to understand the need too. Even on other forums where this is being discussed most vets I have seen post know the cuts will have to be across the board. Maybe because we do know about service to our country and that it sometimes calls for some sacrifice for the common good.

The only people I see making a big fuss about this are the lefties and they are all to happy to make cuts to vet programs if they bring it up.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strangely enough most of us who did serve seem to understand the need too. Even on other forums where this is being discussed most vets I have seen post know the cuts will have to be across the board. Maybe because we do know about service to our country and that it sometimes calls for some sacrifice for the common good.

The only people I see making a big fuss about this are the lefties and they are all to happy to make cuts to vet programs if they bring it up.

You might want to go back through this thread and have a look at the people you're calling lefties.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might want to go back through this thread and have a look at the people you're calling lefties.

Even in this thread the only people that seem really put out about it are those who always seem to lean far left. Yes there are many who think other things should be cut first and I more then agree with them, but most seem reasonable about it and probably understand cuts will have to be across the board.

On some of the other forums they are REALLY ticked that Bachman even talked about it. Not most of the vets, but the lefties. I even reminded a few that not all women want to be barefoot, pregnant, and support the Dems.

The country is in deep do and we all know that it can not continue this way. Better some cuts across the board now then having to completely gut them later.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a world of difference between entitlement programs that require zero sacrifice from the recipient and veterans benefits that were promised and given in return for services rendered.

If you don't see the difference, you cannot be reasoned with.

Cuts need to be made....start with the unearned entitlements first.

Sorry SMS, but you lean to the far left. Rick told me so.

You might as well admit it. You can't hide behind that closet full of Che Guevara T-shirts forever.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry SMS, but you lean to the far left. Rick told me so.

You might as well admit it. You can't hide behind that closet full of Che Guevara T-shirts forever.

If you don't support Bachmann and/or Palin you must lean far left. I don't see the logic in that RickN. It looks more like a red herring. I don't see where politics has anything to do with supporting veterans. There are vets on all sides of any issue. It's one of the things that makes America great, a diversity of perspectives.

Some of my favorites from Senator Tom Coburn's Wastebook 2010 are:

Federal Study Investigates Cow Burps - (Durham, NH)
$700,000

I'm glad Oklahoma cows don't have that problem, although I do think I heard one belch north of highway 9 on my way to Newcastle the other day.

Teaching South African Men How to Wash Their Genitalia - (Los Angeles, CA)
$823,200

It goes without saying that a proper wash routine is mandatory when bathing. Everyone knows it can get complicated 'down there'.

Storm Surge Signs Frighten Local Residents - (TX)
$42,544

I myslef was frightened by a sign the other day on my way to the Walmart.

Thanks for that link RickN. All this stuff could be taken care of with line item veto and the elimination of earmarks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom