Military flight tracking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked at Offut in Nebraska and Whiteman in Missouri a bunch on environmental contracts.
Doomsdays touch n go at Whiteman regularly
Buddy of mine was a flight instructor on them and qualified to fly AF1. They flew at Offut he told me he was on most of the touch n go I saw at whiteman. He just retired from Delta.

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those that watch the flights of military aircraft, there's a rare bird making racetrack circles in the Moore, Norman area....

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=adfeb4
A Boeing E-4B (Doomsday plane) I saw in Norman just a while ago........
Pilot training... Practicing approaches and touch-n-go's at Will Rogers.
It appears they are landing at San Antonio now. They made good time back to their starting point.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I worked at Offut in Nebraska and Whiteman in Missouri a bunch on environmental contracts.
Doomsdays touch n go at Whiteman regularly
Buddy of mine was a flight instructor on them and qualified to fly AF1. They flew at Offut he told me he was on most of the touch n go I saw at whiteman. He just retired from Delta.

I was at OAFB from 85 - 89. Back in the days when those were in the air 24/7.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody know what the AF uses the Boeing 747-8 for? Just saw one fly from Seoul SK to Houston. Said it was registered to SK. Was it over there keeping an eye on little rocket man?

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody know what the AF uses the Boeing 747-8 for? Just saw one fly from Seoul SK to Houston. Said it was registered to SK. Was it over there keeping an eye on little rocket man?
The VC25B military aircraft are special versions of the 747-8. The SAM Wing at Andrews has some. I don't know offhand who else has the VC25B, but you can guess they aren't used for the normal trash hauler missions.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old AF heavy flight instructor told me that the weight of the immense racks of sensitive instruments, sensors, cameras and a gazillion miles of wire connecting it all, flying over our heads, heavily outweighs the entire current flight capable and combat ready aircraft inventory 1000:1 tons

Latest posts

Top Bottom