Milsurp Starter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Could have bought a Johnson for 3k at a pawn shop about 5 years ago. I mulled it around for a couple days and passed on it. Still kicking myself

silverarrow

Marksman
Reaction score
I bought a johnson out of the back of a magazine. They had several to choose from untouched to deluxe sporter. They weren't very popular.
I have seen a few pictures of the sporter model , interesting. Can not be many of those around ? I have fired mine on one occasion and remember how the empty brass was thrown with some power .

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen a few pictures of the sporter model , interesting. Can not be many of those around ? I have fired mine on one occasion and remember how the empty brass was thrown with some power .
Yep. I couldn't afford the delux sporter model. So i got the deluxe military model if i remember correctly. Winfield was the company if i remember??

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The deluxe sporter was drilled and tapped for a scope had a new monte carlo stock. The front sight was removed with a ramp type replacement. All polished up and deep blued.

silverarrow

Marksman
Reaction score
The deluxe sporter was drilled and tapped for a scope had a new monte carlo stock. The front sight was removed with a ramp type replacement. All polished up and deep blued.
Winfield is correct , I remember that. I have the bayonet and leather sheath with mine , looks like a tent peg . A very interesting firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom