Milt Spark holster, is it worth the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Milt Spark Versa Max 2 holster is worth the money? It's like around $120-$130, kinda pricey...
My dad has one I think for a Glock 19/23, it's super nice (He only bought it for $50, ain't he just LUCKY!).
His is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY NICE!
If I do get one it's gonna be for a Sig P239 (It's gonna be a left handed holster, first though I gotta get the gun!).
I'm just wondering if it's worth that money or if someone could tell me about other amazing quality handmade holster?

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my Comp Tac MTAC Minotaur holster. I wear it all day around the house with a G26 and hardly notice it. Just make sure you get the C-clips.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several MS holsters. One I bought 15 years ago is the Summer Special IWB with the moisture barrier for the P239, mainly for hot weather. Still have it. Have two others for Cmdr size 1911's, one a Summer Special IWB and a Bruce Nelson Legacy for OWB and they are my favorite and most comfortable for 1911's.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted a reply in the other OK gun forum about UBG holsters that are made by a member of this forum and if you mention this I believe he
still gives free shipping to OSA members. Check his website. I have a couple of his holster and really like them. They are around $60.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are really, really good holsters.

I find the Summer Special 2 incredibly comfortable and easy to dress around. The Versa Max 2 gives slightly better concealment (the straps are offset from the bulge of the gun) at the cost of being bulkier and a little harder to put on / take off. But once it is on, the VM2 is also very comfortable.

Kydex is cool for open carry, OWB, competition, etc., but I am sold on quality leather holsters for IWB concealed carry.

If you want to look beyond Milt Sparks, I would recommend the Ritchie holsters (ex-Lou Alessi employees). The Ritchie Stakeout is a leather IWB comparable in design and quality to a Summer Special 2. Ritchie also makes an equivalent to the VM2 whose name I forget. Their holsters actually cost more than a Sparks! But if you want anything other than a Glock, SIG, or 1911 holster, you'll have to place a custom order with Milt Sparks, and this has a wait time of about 6 months. Ritchie will make you a holster much quicker than that -- so if you tote an M&P, XD, Kahr, etc., the higher price may be worth it to you to avoid the wait for a made-to-order Sparks.

(If you do carry a Glock/SIG/1911, you are in luck. You can buy a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 for your gun "off the rack" from Brownells, right now, for normal retail of $99.99. Sweet option. I would seriously consider going that way.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom