Misspelled Word

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish it was only one word. My father’s work transferred him to Oregon in 1972 when I was 4 so my first two years in school were spent there. At the time they were experimenting with a “new” way to teach children to read called ITA which used a phonetic alphabet instead of the ones ya’ll were taught. It really was something, I could literally read anything by the end of 1st grade but there was a problem…….we moved to another state and I never got to finish the program. Consequently, because they wired my brain differently I spell everything phonetically which can be really embarrassing.
Ok, it’s time to get the Okie spelling correct. Y’all is okie for you all. Ya’ll makes it obvious that y’all aren’t from around here.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a distant grandfather that immigrated from Europe and my father said he spoke 5 different languages and said English by far was the most difficult. He used the word “fast” as an example. Someone who’s really quick is FAST, someone who isn’t eating is on a FAST, a woman that sleeps around is FAST. We have many words in English with multiple meanings…..no wonder I misspell things. 😂😂

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My nemesis is "occasion." Or, is it 'ocassion?' or occassion? or ocasion?
I shouldn't have done that. Now, I have confused myself again.

Seriously, I spent nearly twenty years in commercial broadcasting ... mostly news work. When writing news copy, I would at times (or, "occasionally") write out some words phonetically so if someone was reading the copy cold, live on air, it would simplify things for them.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruined post.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom