Mix of Old School and New School

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted in January of my new Henry Big Boy Steel Side 44mag. It’s beautiful and shoots well, however my eyes don’t play nice with dark iron sights and focusing and all that.

Finally was able to find a “custom” mount and get the Holosun I wanted installed. Mount is a Phoenix Weaponry with a HE507C-GR sitting on top. Was worried about the mix of old/new school stuff but it looks great and is a total game changer for me to shoot this rifle. Super happy with it! Gotta have Chief our GSD pup in there too.

IMG_1805.jpeg
IMG_1806.jpeg
IMG_1810.jpeg
IMG_1808.jpeg
IMG_1808.jpeg
IMG_1815.jpeg
IMG_1820.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpeg
    IMG_1816.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a piss off the fudd group fan boy.
Took my AR style 12 ga, $600 with a red dot to the trap range awhile back and smoked them.
Next trip dots not allowed.
I can understand that. One should shoot what is comparable, not go out of the box for a competition. but at the time, there were no rules against it, and I took advantage of it.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted in January of my new Henry Big Boy Steel Side 44mag. It’s beautiful and shoots well, however my eyes don’t play nice with dark iron sights and focusing and all that.

Finally was able to find a “custom” mount and get the Holosun I wanted installed. Mount is a Phoenix Weaponry with a HE507C-GR sitting on top. Was worried about the mix of old/new school stuff but it looks great and is a total game changer for me to shoot this rifle. Super happy with it! Gotta have Chief our GSD pup in there too.

View attachment 510381View attachment 510382View attachment 510383View attachment 510384View attachment 510384View attachment 510386View attachment 510387
Good looking dog!
He thinks less of you for doing that to a beautiful rifle though.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, gun looks great, but I AM ABSO-FREAKN-LUTELY JEALOUS OF THE VIEW!!!!!

Thank you. We are blessed to have the property.

I'm a piss off the fudd group fan boy.
Took my AR style 12 ga, $600 with a red dot to the trap range awhile back and smoked them.
Next trip dots not allowed.
I can understand that. One should shoot what is comparable, not go out of the box for a competition. but at the time, there were no rules against it, and I took advantage of it.
Dennis, I would have paid good money to watch that. I be the diehard trap boys got their panties in a bunch for sure.
The lady in picture 4/5 … ?
That would be Mrs Parks 788 using the throwing stick and ball to our GSD, which is why he's panting hard in the pic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom